dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: --sound sync/delay problem!!

--sound sync/delay problem!!

I've been working extremely hard on a project for a year now
    the animation so far goes for 6.5 mins and has 2 scenes. i just made a new scene (3) and put in the song file, and some sound effects (both streamed) , but when exported everything in that scene is completely out of sync.

I've looked everywhere for help on this topic and so far have found no answer as to how this problem can be fixed.
    I've tried chopping up the 2 minute song, changing publish settings, and so far to no avail. my computer is a beast, 2 gig of rram and 2 1950 Gforce grafix cards, nothing should be making this happen on MY side, so what is the solution?

worse yet, its due for DVD in july, so i need a solution FAST.
    PLEASE HELP!

Hey. I'm really sorry that I can't help you, but I am working on a similar project, but I'm classically trained so I'm teaching myself Flash as I go. It must be the simplest thing, but I can't figure out how to zoom in on sound waves that are in the timeline. Would you be able to help me with this? I would greatly appreciate it. Good luck with your project.

hmm... i know that there are limits to the length of the timeline and if you go beyond, strange and unpredictable things tend to happen. I don't remember the exact number, but if at all possible you might wanna copy each scene into it's own swf, then load them one after another so at the end of scene1_mc you would have loadMovieNum("scene2.swf", 0);

You could test to see if this is the problem by removing all the scenes except the one that's bugging out and see if it still has the sync issue.

good luck!
    Last edited by EvolveDesigns; 04-27-2007 at 07:33 PM.
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

I've run into a similar problem. The only thing that I was able to find that pertained to fixing it is the Frame rate that your animation is at. It has to match the tempo of your song. Or so I've heard. I sped up my movie by 1 fps and it fixed it. However, my clip was about 21 seconds. I don't know what it would take for 6min.

@Chrones

see the frame numbers just above the timeline? look to the far right of those where there's a small symbol withi a down arrow, click that and you're good to go! (the icon kinda looks like

. __
    . __
    . __

hope you can see it!

and welcome both of ya to Flashkit
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection