A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Thinking of Writing a Teachers Guide about 3dfa

Thinking of Writing a Teachers Guide about 3dfa

Hi all. I am a Computer Science High School Teacher and I use the program for almost 2 years. I have worked with it in class with good results. Currently I am thinking of writing something for teachers and how to produce pieces of learning objects in other subjects i.e. Science (RLOs - Reusable Learning Objects) with the help of 3dfa. I think there is a big effort in stabilizing the program, so it may be a good idea. Any ideas (ANYTHING at all) where to start from? Also is there any other teacher that would like to exchange ideas about this? Please post or mail to vrepantis@yahoo.gr .

Thanks all, and keep up the good work!
    Last edited by led2; 04-29-2007 at 10:20 AM.

I'm also a teacher, currently second grade (certified elementary and secondary) and have used it since version 3.2. I'm not a programmer, coder, but still manage to get by. I have used it fairly successful in the class room, used for various activities for the students to work on. But, I feel I would like to take it up a notch and create some very effective interactive activites for the students that would really improve on various key concepts.
    PW Ihms

My opinion

I search for activities that have educational - pedagocical value for a teacher. To a certain point we probably aim to show the same things but from a different perspective. So it might be interesting. For the beginners I have in mind something like this:

- for an english (or greek) language teacher a series of animated slideshows to teach the structure of a paragraph or the "point of view" in someone's description of events.
    - For a science teacher the basic structure of an atom (interactive+animated). Some different approaches to its structure. This needs a little scripting.
    etc.

I think both teachers and students could be targeted as one to be taught basic interactions. Of course there is a series of prelimenary things for them to learn. What do you think?

Both ideas sound very good. I could easily use the paragraph idea. It is a concept difficult for most students to understand, so anything to help them understand it better would be helpful.

The science idea, on my part, would probally have to be modified in a way that the 3D model would could be swapped-out to fit the content that second graders are learning.

Do you write code, such as actionscript?
    PW Ihms