A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [F8] Need Help Making A Mortal Kombat Game

Flash Game Beginer

[F8] Need Help Making A Mortal Kombat Game

Hello and welcome
    now i need help make a mortal kombat styled game using a geen screen and 16 volunteers. the only help i need is the coding to make it:
    • a 2 player

• fighting game

and i also need help to make the:
    • health bars

• battle system(so i don't have to make so many frames of the 2 certain characters fighting)

• and a character select screen

and i'm still missing some backgrounds(custom backgrounds allowed for suggestion.

however heres the catch i need to make 2 versions

• one rated E

• the other rated M

if you can help me that will be great
    and you'l be rewarded by being part of the credits on what you helped me on
    Last edited by jake9009; 05-01-2007 at 11:22 AM.

Student
    and what role do you play in this project? - what I mean is that it might be a better push if you show what you already did regarding the project- or by telling what you already can do cover.
    just a suggestion

Howdy, I'd love to help out but not too sure what you have done. Like anykind of story on the game, character ideas and moves. Also why the 16 volunteers, they the characters?

Please have a read of the Read Me guide sticky at the top of the forum, then perhaps repost here with some more info and a bit more realistic a goal ( "the only help i need is..." basically the whole game written for you ).

Break it down into parts, show us what you can do, what you've tried to do etc. because as it stands there's going to be no one who will ( Or want to ) be able to help you with all that.

Squize.

Flash Game Beginer
    Quote Originally Posted by renderhjs
    and what role do you play in this project? - what I mean is that it might be a better push if you show what you already did regarding the project- or by telling what you already can do cover.
    just a suggestion
    i'm recording the movements of the characters using the green screen. also my role is character devlopment and editing i need help with the rest. and i already know some basic coding. and i've alredy green screened 2 characters at this point.

Flash Game Beginer
    Quote Originally Posted by walsher
    Howdy, I'd love to help out but not too sure what you have done. Like anykind of story on the game, character ideas and moves. Also why the 16 volunteers, they the characters?
    i just started and i only green screened 2 characters

so what you are saying is that you want me to make you a game off your character renders?

Why do you think I cant just make my own characters and my own game myself?

You have to bring more to the table than this man, we get a billion of these posts a week. And I dont really understand were all these people get off undermining our skills like this by just assuming coding a game is so easy to do, and that we will just do it for you, do you not relize that your post is insulting?

Got about as much chance of getting assistance as I have of winning the lottery.

Game Player - Developer scheletro's Avatar
    Mortal Kombat?

Thats a looooooot of work, Mortal Workmbat !

Can we see some advances of the game, screens, maybe the main scripting for the moves?, maybe a teaser to see how is going to move the game

"I love to make them as I love to play them"

Flash Game Beginer
    Quote Originally Posted by everfornever
    so what you are saying is that you want me to make you a game off your character renders?

Why do you think I cant just make my own characters and my own game myself?

You have to bring more to the table than this man, we get a billion of these posts a week. And I dont really understand were all these people get off undermining our skills like this by just assuming coding a game is so easy to do, and that we will just do it for you, do you not relize that your post is insulting?
    i'm srry if it is insulting but thats why i'm here because i really need help to make this possible and i'm not saying i'm not going to do anything while people do the work. all i want to do is make simple mortal kombat game it dosn't have to be high end i just want it in the old mortal kombat style. now if you don't want to help thats fine but all i'm ask for is help ok.

Flash Game Beginer
    Quote Originally Posted by scheletro
    Mortal Kombat?

Thats a looooooot of work, Mortal Workmbat !

Can we see some advances of the game, screens, maybe the main scripting for the moves?, maybe a teaser to see how is going to move the game
    right now i don't have anything but 2 green screened characters

Quote Originally Posted by jake9009
    all i want to do is make simple mortal kombat game it dosn't have to be high end i just want it in the old mortal kombat style.
    You mean like in the original or MK 2. Also are these characters gonna have like a special move other than the common High punch, low punch, and kicks?

Flash Game Beginer
    Quote Originally Posted by walsher
    You mean like in the original or MK 2. Also are these characters gonna have like a special move other than the common High punch, low punch, and kicks?
    yes each character has one special move which also will be their finishing move but refined.

Game Player - Developer scheletro's Avatar
    Which is the purpose of the game? just fun?

I can help, I wont do the complete game, but I can help with some stuff

Before anything I wold like to see the material, if the material are 2 pictures I want to see them

"I love to make them as I love to play them"

Flash Game Beginer
    Quote Originally Posted by scheletro
    Which is the purpose of the game? just fun?

I can help, I wont do the complete game, but I can help with some stuff

Before anything I wold like to see the material, if the material are 2 pictures I want to see them
    Sure Private Message me your E-mail and i'll send the videos to as soon as possible

Actually I'm not sure if flash have the ability to do special moves say like "Back back, C" for a harpoon from scorpion. I've never seen any flash game(except the typing ones) read a combo/sequence of keyboard actions. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

ArchBob, you are wrong my man.
    You can store sets of commands in an array, and then check for certain combinations within them. Got a working example on my site.

Swisher Of The Year 2006
    here is a demo engine i worked on a while ago in swishmax.
    View Demo Online
    click on the demo game engine link.
    Regards
    Swish-Designs.
    Last edited by swish-designs; 05-04-2007 at 12:23 PM. Reason: typo on link
    its nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

doItLikeThis
    Can't say anything without seeing some graphics, how about posting some images here for all to see and decide?
    -Aditya

Don't you have to have permission from Midway(or whoever owns the copyright) to produce a game like this?