A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have recurring dreams?

Anyone have recurring dreams?

Here's my recurring dream, and I think this is a common one for many guys.

Basically I am about to hook up with some dream girl - the girl changes in each dream. Sometimes it's a supermodel, sometimes its some random girl I knew in high school or college who I haven't thought of in ages. It always starts out with her letting me know she wants me. This is always great news. For some reason, I never stop to think about how strange it is that someone like Elizabeth Hurley wants me.

Usually I'm supposed to go to her house or we're to meet at some location to solidify the act, yet I am presented with dozens of obstacles along the way. It NEVER happens. I fight my way through obstacle after obstacle, yet I always wake up right before we're about to 'get it on'.

Sometimes I will be in a half awake, half sleep state, and I KNOW that I'm dreaming this, but I just want to get back to sleep in hopes that I can continue on with my dream, yet I eventually realize how silly this is, and I wake up feeling hopeless. This is a horrible nightmare!
    Last edited by Visionray; 05-02-2007 at 01:14 PM.

How does that make you feel?

In all seriousness, are there any links to this in your life? Do you feel as if you've never found the right person to be with? Are you sexually frustrated? Dreams can often be the subconscious manifestation of conscious thought. Maybe you have deep concerns about this in the back of your mind.

An early-mornin-5-knuckle-shuffle will solve this.
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

lol. It won't solve it, but it might satisfy it for a bit.

well to be honest I said I felt hopeless but I think it makes me feel disappointed more than anything else. You know, like thinking you won the lottery and then finding out you read the numbers wrong. I am happily married though. Yet, I am still 'attracted' to other women. It's hard not to be, and sometimes I get the "grass is greener on the other side" feeling. But I would never cheat on her in real life, yet for some reason in my dreams my wife isn't in the picture at all. It's very strange.

Quote Originally Posted by robbmcaulay
    An early-mornin-5-knuckle-shuffle will solve this.
    lol, never heard that one before.

There's a place I visit maybe once each year in my dreams. The place is always the same, but not one that actually exits (well, not that I know). The people I meet there are always the same but as with the place, I don't know them outside of those dreams. When I have those dreams, they last very long, it feels like hours and I mostly have a pretty good memory of them after I wake up. The place and people isn't something weird or special, almost like a normal live, a little bit like if I would remember a past life or something.

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

Sounds pretty sweet Subway. Vision, you talk to her about this?

Clearly I wasn't ever or am not married, but I dated my last gf for a number of years and we broke up essentially because I just wasn't thinking of her all the time anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Subway
    There's a place I visit maybe once each year in my dreams. The place is always the same, but not one that actually exits (well, not that I know). The people I meet there are always the same but as with the place, I don't know them outside of those dreams. When I have those dreams, they last very long, it feels like hours and I mostly have a pretty good memory of them after I wake up. The place and people isn't something weird or special, almost like a normal live, a little bit like if I would remember a past life or something.

Fredi
    the same exact happens to me. almost to a tee. i usually have this same dream twice a year though.

I used to have a few recurring dreams.
    mostly of riding my bike around town here.

The only other one i remember very well is:
    I am driving down a winding road into a wooded area in spring time.
    I pull of the road, and begin walking towards an old two story red brick building set about thirty feet back near where the tree line begins.
    Once inside the decrepit old building i remember why i am there, and what this building is.
    I am visiting a friend i don't know in real life, and the building is an insane asylum.

All of the other recurring dreams I've had involved me going to places I've never been before.
    So far i have found myself in all of these places later in real life, except for the red brick asylum.
    I expect to come across this place in real life sometime before i die, maybe I'll start having normal dreams again after i find this place.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

I tend to have a similar dream, although it is never the same, so it cannot be called 'recurring'

Essentially, I tend to be either with the gf, or out somewhere at night, when people start causing trouble for her (or another girl). I ask them politely to leave her alone, and they refuse. Then they usually start coming after me, to which I have to again ask them to just leave, as it is not appropriate behaviour. Then I pull out my cell and dial 911 and kindly let the operator know that there are people here who have just attacked me with either a knife or a gun, and that any help by the police would be appreciated (all very calmly, as if nothing is wrong).

Then these guys start coming after me, and I have to start defending myself, but I never hurt them, I just push them away, or spin them off. The cops show up, but instead of doing anything, they just sit and watch. I ask them why they won't help, and they say that they can't do anything because no crime has been committed until someone gets wounded.

Not wanting to hurt them, and vigorously defending myself, this continues until I knock them all down, get the gf, and walk away. Then I wake up..

I dunno what the deal is, but this happens every couple of months.

Yep... I have 5 dreams that recur damn near monthly. Two are the standard nightmares, they scare the **** out of me usually. One... it's weird. It's been revealing itself slowly to me for the past 10 years. It plays out much like a movie and I get perhaps an extra few minutes of the dream per time I dream it... I think it's the idea that I'm supposed to write down as a book or something.

And one... I'm always finding money in my clothing... jackets, et al are usually suspect. Odd thing, it's so damn realistic that I usually get up and search my pockets... have led to some money actually being in my pockets usually in clothing I haven't worn for years.

And the last one... pretty damn close to yours. Always starts at a store... ends up at a bed. Then poof... the girl is gone or I wake up.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    Then poof... the girl is gone or I wake up.
    Just get piece .

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    Yep... I have 5 dreams that recur damn near monthly. Two are the standard nightmares, they scare the **** out of me usually. One... it's weird. It's been revealing itself slowly to me for the past 10 years. It plays out much like a movie and I get perhaps an extra few minutes of the dream per time I dream it... I think it's the idea that I'm supposed to write down as a book or something.

And one... I'm always finding money in my clothing... jackets, et al are usually suspect. Odd thing, it's so damn realistic that I usually get up and search my pockets... have led to some money actually being in my pockets usually in clothing I haven't worn for years.

And the last one... pretty damn close to yours. Always starts at a store... ends up at a bed. Then poof... the girl is gone or I wake up.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

No Silver... but nice try. Don't push your dreams off onto me.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

every since i was a child, i've had recurring dreams about tornadoes. it's always nearby, and i'm always in danger, but it never gets me.

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

I love fog and nighttime.

That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by nordberg
    every since i was a child, i've had recurring dreams about tornadoes. it's always nearby, and i'm always in danger, but it never gets me.
    Come visit me during tornado season here in Oklahoma, and I'll take you storm chasing.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by random25
    Come visit me during tornado season here in Oklahoma, and I'll take you storm chasing.
    i grew up in indiana, and have actually been in 2 tornadoes. one of which ripped through my grandparents farm while we were in the root cellar...oh yeah!!!

Ah, these boys is all swelled up. So this was earlier...getting set to trade. Then, woooaaah differences.
    Blog ¤ Photos ¤ Book

I've lived in Kansas, tornado alley, for nearing 22 years now... I have yet to be in a tornado or even see one. Every time i try to go out chasing I never see one.

But I have had a few recurring dreams that always seem to be very odd. I don't get them very often, occasionally a few years apart, sometimes I'll get them a couple times a week. I can't really remember ANY details except right after I wake up. I think "hey i dreamed that before" then the next day I completely forget what it was.