A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have recurring dreams?

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Visionray
    Here's my recurring dream, and I think this is a common one for many guys.

............................., yet I am presented with dozens of obstacles along the way. It NEVER happens. I fight my way through obstacle after obstacle, yet I always wake up right before we're about to 'get it on'. ....................

Stop Playing Super Mario before bed time you nerd

I either dream sporadically or remember them sporadically but I only remember about one a month.
    I used to have a recurring dream as a kid but that stopped before I was a teenager. It was my real neighborhood but the inside of my house looked like an old castle, straw on the floor, stacked stones for walls etc. I was always being chased by some mix of Frankenstein and the hulk. The weirdest thing was barely being able to move, like I was in gravity times ten.

The only dreams I remember these days are of that obstacle nature. Only, I don't have a problem closing the deal, but for some reason I can't feel anything.

I've died twice in my sleep, actually "died" and lain in darkness thinking about what the hell happened... then I freak out and wake up.

The other thing that happens alot is falling asleep in my dreams. I'll be doing something and fall asleep, or I'm so drowsy I can't keep my eyes opened. I think it's alittle weird!

I was reading up about lucid dreaming awhile ago, I'm really keen to try it regularly but I always end up forgetting!

Quote Originally Posted by Speed85
    I've lived in Kansas, tornado alley, for nearing 22 years now... I have yet to be in a tornado or even see one. Every time i try to go out chasing I never see one.

But I have had a few recurring dreams that always seem to be very odd. I don't get them very often, occasionally a few years apart, sometimes I'll get them a couple times a week. I can't really remember ANY details except right after I wake up. I think "hey i dreamed that before" then the next day I completely forget what it was.
    Really? In Wichita we get them all the time.

Ever have the dream that you have to pee, and you dream that you keep going to the bathroom, but you still feel like you have to go again, no matter how many times you go?
    Then you finally wake up and realize that you were just dreaming and you still need to go use the bathroom, and you hope you're not still dreaming.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by random25
    Ever have the dream that you have to pee, and you dream that you keep going to the bathroom, but you still feel like you have to go again, no matter how many times you go?
    Then you finally wake up and realize that you were just dreaming and you still need to go use the bathroom, and you hope you're not still dreaming.
    hahahaha! yes i've had that dream!

I Friggn' hate those dreams more than anything,
    but they do seem more "real" and detailed than my regular dreams do.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

here in Oklahoma
    that explains a lot

I am visiting a friend i don't know in real life, and the building is an insane asylum.
    i wonder if somewhere there is a guy in a mental hospital who tells people that some guy visits him in his dreams.......

you might be the reason people don't think he is 'well' enough to be released.

Ok... somebody answer me this then...

In each and every dream I have, it's now become a "sport" for me to look around and locate thick pieces of glass. Walls maybe made of the stuff, but it's always some thick glass in each and every one of my dreams. It's like it's always present... just glass thick enough to know there's movement on the other side of it, but too thick to see what it is...

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

you feel like your being left out of something. you know someone(s) are doing something without you, but you dont know what it is,

the think glass represents friendship, the fact that its think means its been a long one, but its still glass and can shatter at anytime.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Deep man... Deep.

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    I had a recurring where I walk up a steep hill, crunching crickets all the way to the top. When I get there I overlook a huge valley teeming with English redcoat soldiers. Next to me is Shaka Zulu. Apparently I'm his military adviser. As I look down they start storming up the hill. I then lift up my arms to the heavens, and red telephone booths starts raining from the sky, imprisoning everyone off them.

Analyze that
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    that explains a lot
    Oh...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by carly1979
    i wonder if somewhere there is a guy in a mental hospital who tells people that some guy visits him in his dreams.......

you might be the reason people don't think he is 'well' enough to be released.
    That would be awesome,
    the friend is a girl, and there are twin boys in the room next to her and an old guy in the room on the other side of the hall, they always stop me and want to talk and play when i go to visit her.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    you feel like your being left out of something. you know someone(s) are doing something without you, but you dont know what it is,

the think glass represents friendship, the fact that its think means its been a long one, but its still glass and can shatter at anytime.
    hehe, trying to be subliminal?

@Gerbick, perhaps that's your true calling/purpose back there? I'd try to examine the rest of the room. You might find an explanation to the glass spelled out clearly.

@Random, any chance each of those people are splintered pieces of you? Maybe look for a commonality and see if that's not missing from your real life.

Napalm reminded me of another recurring I have but very rare.
    I always start out conducting big business or on a date in an upscale restaurant. Always in some exotic location. I then find myself careening down a mountain where an entire city has been built. Not out of control, but actually skiing on my feet and look like an extreme downhill skier except I'm tricking off of everything and anything like its a game of tony hawk.
    I get to the bottom and reset a few times before I wake up. They're actually quite fun and I'm thrilled when I realize I'm having one.

caithness massiv
    remember... you are more alive than ever when you are 'dreaming'

it's all about context. these are not 'strange' or 'random' things you remember... on the contrary... they are VERY real occurances.

once you 'wake' your brain has a hard time evaluating what has happened in IT's terms... but that doesn't mean the experience itself is any less valid

i recommend to anyone interested to read a bit from this link about dreams and reality

here's a small quote
    That dream world has its own reality, its own time, which is different from your concept of time, and its own inner organization. As the entity is only partially concerned with its personalities after setting them into motion, so you are unconcerned with this dream world which you have set into motion. But it exists.

Wow, I didn't notice those thinks stuck in there. lol.
    On the subject of psychology has anyone seen Darren Browns: Trick or Treat on Channel 4?

derren brown.

i saw a bit of one where they got this guy to sit in a photo booth in london(?) and then hypnotised him and transported him to somewhere in the far east, put him back into the photo booth in some random street there and woke him up.

that was freaky. and i wasn't totally sober whilst watching it which made it even freakier (and i might have got some of this facts wrong)..........

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2

Nice try... and thanks. But you know what? The glass makes up odd things in the dreams. From the entire wall being made into glass or cars made out of glass... sturdiness is nothing in the dream. I think the symbolism - which has been interpreted pretty much the same, but I totally disagree with - is that I'm sure of a future, but I just can't quite make it out. I mean, there's always movement behind the glass... I just can't see what.

There's shapes and people, but I can't see what or who.

But it's always in my dreams. Annoys me because it's just... odd.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

maby you should break the glass with your helmet.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.