A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Favorite Movie Scenes

Your Favorite Movie Scenes

Post your favorite movie scenes. However many you want, in no order. I'm curious to see what people remember from movies. Post scenes you think are really well done and that stick out in your mind, and then maybe post the reason why you love the scene. Try and post something unique, maybe not the most obvious , such as "the ending to Usual Suspects" or whatever.

#1 - Pulp Fiction
    The Heroin Overdose, Needle in the Heart Scene
    Very intense, makes me cringe, love the banter between all the characters. Erik Stoltz running around in his bathrobe, John Travolta screaming at Rosanna Arquette "get me a ****ing black magic marker!!!"

#2 - Seven
    Brad Pitt, Morgan Freeman and Kevin Spacey driving in the car near the end of the movie. The suspense is unbearable. The dialog between Pitt and Spacey is incredible, the way Spacey gets under his skin. "Your a ****ing T-shirt of the week!!!"

#3 - Silence of the Lambs
    Right after Hannibal Lector escapes - the quick scene of Jodie Foster's partner running through the hallway, along with the music, very intense.

#4 - The Shining
    The scene where Jack Nicolson is talking to his son in the bedroom, when he's got his arm around him and says "Don't worry, I'm not going to kill you". It's very very creepy.

#5 - Taxi Driver
    Deniro playing with his gun and talking to himself in the mirror - really shows the regression of his character, along with the music it's a truly great sequence.

#6 - Apocalypse Now
    Right after they get attacked by a tiger in the jungle, and the montage after with the quote "Never get off the boat. Absolutely God Damn right".
    Martin Sheen is the perfect narrator in this film.

#7 - Hotel Rwanda
    The scene where Don Cheadle's wife is in the back of the truck being sent away, and the look of desperation on her face. Amazing acting. It's really one of the only scenes that makes me well up inside.

#8 - Crash
    When Matt Dillon saves Thandie Newton from the burning car.

#9 - Oldboy
    Near the end when the main character is begging for his daughter's life - the acting is amazing.

#10 - The Deer Hunter
    The Russian Roulette scene between the Vietnamese, Robert DeNiro and Christopher Walken. One of the most intense scenes ever, again with incredible acting.

There are so many more but these come to mind first, so post yours, they don't have to be drama or thriller, they can be comedy or whatever.
    Last edited by Visionray; 05-04-2007 at 04:14 PM.

My favourite movie scene has to be in Raging Bull when Pesci, De Niro and their wifes are in the kitchen. The looks betwen De Niro and Pesci when his wife chips in are fantastic, cracks me up everytime!

Or in Mean Streets when Johnny throws the $10 at the guy calling him a jerkoff, one of De Niro's best characters in my opinion.
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Quote Originally Posted by robbmcaulay
    My favourite movie scene has to be in Raging Bull when Pesci, De Niro and their wifes are in the kitchen. The looks betwen De Niro and Pesci when his wife chips in are fantastic, cracks me up everytime!

Or in Mean Streets when Johnny throws the $10 at the guy calling him a jerkoff, one of De Niro's best characters in my opinion.
    awesome! Thats funny because I just turned on the TV this morning and Mean Streets was playing, so I ended up watching it again. Hadn't seen that one in a long time and I agree, it's one of DeNiro's best.

... Too hard to think of it right off, will have to ponder and get back to this thread.

Jessica Alba's striptease scene in Sin City

Kate Beckinsale's sex scene in Underworld 2
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Harry Reams and Vanessa Del Rio in...oh...wait.

never mind.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    american pscho

bateman running naked after a hooker with a chainsaw.. he stops runs back into his apartment then you see him running down the haw with the chainsaw and his running shoes.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

decent
    When that chick gets caught in the underground tunnel.. f*ck me! I almost had an anxiety attack.

fight club: the entire single serving friend scene including the question of courtesy.

lol TGLC, I too love that scene from American Psycho. There are lots of good scenes in that film.

jaQUAN, thats a good one too, made me think of another one, where Ed Norton beats himself up - hilarious.

you list some good ones there VR.

final scene of The Hustler when Paul Newman finally stands up for himself. I dont remember it word for word. But, something like "If you send your guys after me, you better tell them to go all the way this time. Because if they dont, Im coming after you."

opening scene of Patton. sorry if that counts as an obvious. "Americans like WINNERS."

Pawn Broker. Most haunting movie ever. I still think about those ambiguous shots from dream sequences where there are just trees rolling in the wind.

Fistfull of Dollars. I love the scene where Clint tells the guys that he is about to shoot down that they "insulted his horse and should apologize."

Vivre sa Vie. When she puts a coin in the jukebox and dances around the room to get attention.

Office Space. "Okayyy. But thats the last straw."

A recent one. The final scene, first episode of this seasons Sopranos. When Bobby comes home from his first hit and hugs his child. Can't get that scene out of my head. One of the best episodes yet, imo.

Conan the Barbarian. When James Earl Jones says "Take Him to the Tree of Woe!"
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Home Alone: Joe Pesci on the ice falling again, and again, and again...

Godfather 2: When the Don has his brother "done".

Long Kiss Goodnight: Out of the window, falling towards the ice... ratatatatatatatat
    And her sniping muggerfugs... "De nada"

The beginning of every Star Wars Movie... "Dunnnnn daa da duuunn....."

The Matrix: The Flex Scene

Dumb and Dumber: Laxatives in the Bathroom

Hitch: >slap!< "Don't ever do that again..." and the "death on a leaf" scene

Nothing to Lose: ...the entire move. "You don't get flowers every day?" I love this movie

Beverly Hills Cop II: "Do you like Rap Music...?"

Army of Darkness: "Come get some..."

Way too many movies to pick just a few faves...

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    "Man-O-Lantern"

Quote Originally Posted by EVPohovich
    "Man-O-Lantern"
    heh...best part about that scene is you see his eyes watering which is real and i wonder how much of that was ad lib as he was getting his very real very hairy chest very waxed..

my favorite movie scene might be the end of The Big Lebowski when John Goodman dumps the ashes of Steve Buscemi and the wind covers "The Dude" with them..

cool hand luke - "what we have here is a failure to communicate"; the egg eating scene; the final scene

Goonies - Chunk's blender scene. Hilarious

shawshank redemption - the tarring the roof scene

texas chainsaw massacre (new version) - meat plant chase scene. I almost peed my pants at that one...oh and any scene R. Lee Ermy is in.

Speaking of R. Lee ...
    Full Metal Jacket - the entire boot camp scene. So many one liners in there.

oh god, there's too many movies i can list here...i have ot get back to work....

Quote Originally Posted by lefteyewilly
    Full Metal Jacket...
    ...happy birthday dear jesus...happy birthday to you. today...is christmas.
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

A couple stick out for me -

Matirx: "Think that's air you're breathing now?"

Glory: "And I keep thinking when, when oh lord, is it going to be our time, time to kick in like men - LIKE MEN!" (paraphrasing Morgan Freeman's Speech to Denzel)

The scene in fight club where Tyler gets the convenience store clerk to go back to school.

"It's 106 miles to Chicago, we've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

"Hit it."

=^_^=

*edit*

almost forgot!

"Your arm's gone!"

"No it isn't!"

"Look!"

"...tis only a fleshwound."
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

language in the links

tears of the sun at the end of the movie as the team tries to get out of the forrest and across the border.

the bourn identity embassy scene.

shaun of the dead has so many good scenes. trying to kill zombies with a basket of house hold items and records. cracks me up everytime as they go through the records trying to decide which ones to throw "the batman soundtrack" "throw it" http://youtube.com/watch?v=KIGvDWgsxcc

hot fuzz also has a ton of scenes that i love and cant wait to get on dvd.

aww man! i just shot marvin in the face!http://youtube.com/watch?v=peuPltJ3oIs

the big reveal at the end of hero.

the end of enemy at the gates in the trainyard.

ghostbusters one when dan akroyd tells the rest of the guys he was thinking about the staypuff marshmellow man.

office space "i want to take you to dinner, then you can come back to my place and we can watch kung fu movies."
    Last edited by silverx2; 05-07-2007 at 12:31 PM.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    office space "i want to take you to dinner, then you can come back to my place and we can watch kung fu movies."
    Kung fu - not kung fu movies.

heathen

Quote Originally Posted by japangreg
    Kung fu - not kung fu movies.

heathen
    the the directors cut with gusto he says movies.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    the the directors cut with gusto he says movies.
    < general knowledge about cult movie = heathen

~= general knowledge of cult movie = cool

> creepy knowledge of cult movie where you can quote the director's commentary and/or deleted scenes = sad

my bad - carry on...