A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Game sponsorships

Game sponsorships

Hi! I'm just getting started as a flash game developer. I've read the stickies here, and I know you don't want to run afoul of price fixing laws by saying what people should charge for their work.

That having been said, I have a slightly different question: what is the typical range of sponsorship amounts from sites such as (for example) Armor Games, Crazy Monkey, Flash Portal and the like? What would be a high offer, and what would be a low offer?

See, I've been working on a highly original, in-depth strategy RPG that has, even in alpha, received a pretty enthusiastic response from the online community. It has a multiplayer mode and high replay value. Would I be laughed at for asking for a $2000 sponsorship?

Perhaps someone will be kind enough to respond via PM and for that reason I will leave this rather than removing it. I also appreciate your time and effort in checking out the rules prior to posting your question. Unfortunately however, what you ask would indeed qualify as price fixing since the response would necessitate essentially telling you how much to charge. For this reason the thread will have to be closed.

Thank you in advance for understanding and respecting this policy.

RUSHVision
    Flash Kit Moderator
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..