A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Combo Box issue

Combo Box issue

Hi everyone,

I am trying to create a contact form interface that makes use of different components in flash. Most of the components are text field and text area. Everything works perfectly in the swf but when I load the form into a higher level (load into another swf), the combo box instances working in the swf do not work in the one it was loaded into. All other components work well.

Please how can I get around this issue. It doesnt work in the sense that I cant select options in the combo box instances.

You might post your fla's so it would be easier to evaluate the problem

I have the same problem

I have an swf that has a combo box in it. When looking at that swf the combo box works correctly

when I load that swf into another swf, the combo box does not work. when I click on the combo box when it is loaded into another swf, the combo box gets highlighted green and does not open. Therefore I cannot change the selected item by mouse, but only as.

Anyone know how to fix this??
    ktu[k-two]
    he who hesitates is lost; so i guess i'll wander intently

Are you sure this is real?
    Life is Love, Love is Blind, Blind we go through Life.
    Life isn't hard, dealing with your self is.

The concept of life in a human brain is weakening day after day. Live every day like its your last. Take the chances, and opportunities, and never let authority push you around for fun.

The solution is to copy all your form components in the library of the form file into the swf you want to load it into.

The recompile, it will work.

Cheers