A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Replacing wacom tablet cable

Replacing wacom tablet cable

Long story short: dog ate the cable of my wacom. It's broken in two now. Problem is, it's one of those usb cables that is embedded in the tablet, so it cannot be easily replaced.

Do you guys now if this sort of thing has repair? I have no idea about electronics, but I guess it can be done. Is there a way to replace the whole cable, or joing the broken cable together? This sucks
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

Yeah, it should be an easy fix. Go to the store and get a USB cable. Cut the square end off and then strip the main shielding off about 3''. You should see 4 or so wires now. Strip each of those off about 1/4'' and then solder them to the points on the tablet where the old cable is. You could splice the original cable back together, but I'd suggest doing it the first way. You could even use the original cable if it would be long enough.

well, that's relaxing, though I know nothing about soldering, so I'll probably need to contact somebody that does at least there's hope, thanks G!
    Sponsored by your mom.

Mom said "make me a Mod" el-Ignoramus's Avatar
    just twist them together, and cover them with electric tape afterwards, won't be much of a signal loss anyway, but make sure you're pointing each cable to it's respective port, you might need to cut open the original USB plug thing, to see the colors

Ohh and

well, it's alive! i just followed ElIg's suggestion. Strip cables, twist them together, electric tape, and BAM! it worked. Thank god my little tablet is alive again
    Sponsored by your mom.

How coincidental. This just happened to my friends, but he just bought a new one.

buy the bust one off him!
    "Wah wah wah Dorothy Parker wah wah wah" - hanratty21

Very coincidental, happened to me. My dog will eat anything and he half chewed through my cable, I didn't know what was happening but my mouse was "spazzing" all over the screen, took my ages to figureout what it was.

^^ I plan on it.

I'm trying to fix my Wacom tablet now, when I opened it up I had a red, green, white, and two black wires but I don't know which one goes to where. Anybody have some type of blueprint?? Or if you could open yours back up and take a picture of it?? That'd be pretty cool..........