A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New gadget-itis... I got it bad.

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    Dude, you keep baggin' on my phone.....meanwhile you have been through every girly phone Cingular makes (* looks over at Kristi and Heather's w600i's *).

The orientation of the keyboard fits my hands better that narrower devices. The 8525 is smaller and faster that my 8125, it is next on my list.

The Blackjack, while an awesome (and fast) phone, lacks crucial features (as did all other devices I looked into) that I required. I am just not willing to give up WiFi, or connectivity on any level.

You talked about getting a MicroSD WiFi Card... That instantly limits the applications that you can load on your device. You only have 64 MB RAM, which you will now use to store all of your apps and media files. Not a ton of room if you ask me...

Also, you will not be getting the full version of Windows Mobile (5 or 6 won't matter in case of the BJ <-- ), instead you will be getting the Smartphone version, which is, why I gather, is is so fast... I am not sure exactly all of the features that are different in the smartphone version of WM, but you won't get the Microsoft Office Mobile Suite or document editing capabilities on the BlackJack. Instead, you get an application called Picsel Viewer Suite, which allows you to only open and view Word and Excel documents, PowerPoint presentations, and PDFs.

Looks to me like you really need to make sure you are willing to give up some features. If you are willing to settle then go for it, the BJ is not a bad phone. It's just not a phone for me...

...meanwhile, I'll be MoBanning suckas from my 8125.

shhh... if he doesnt get it who will teach me how to get links in my email to launch a damn browser?

i love the 8525.
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

bah. I ain't hating on the 8125. In fact, I'm the one that found it for you; remember? That original deal, I could have ran with it too. I got the w600i because it cost me nothing. In fact, every phone so far has cost me nothing since the Motorola's all sucked to high heaven.

That phone is just not for me. The Blackjack... like I said. It'll be cheap. And the two or three programs that I'll install on the ROM instead of the Transflash... Skype (2.1mb) and SJLabs (1.37mb or so) and Wififofum (480k or so... it's small). Heck, my iPaq was fully installed on the 64mb SD card with enough room to put music on there too. I don't really foresee filling up that first bit o' RAM for a while the way I'm going to use it.

Oh... with that version on the Samsung; I'll be getting the ability to view and edit via the Office suite. It's part of WM6 Mobile, or whatever they're calling it now.

The ROM update was to change some icons and branding. I'm talking about the OS update.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    Who do you recommend, darling?
    I'll do it, just give me a few hours to sterilise my shearing shed...

Surprised those things keep a sharp edge after being used on your forest of a back...

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

aaaahhahAhHHHHHH my eyes!

FK'n Elitist Super Mod EVPohovich's Avatar
    What you don't know about that image is, they tried to shave a number into her back also, but that **** was way too thick...

Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzrrrrrrrrrrrrr...Zzzzzzzzk...zzz zrrrrck...rrrrrt... >poof!<

Gorilla Backed *****.