A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: compnents in "8" professional

compnents in "8" professional

OK, i've been stuggling with creating dynamic text forms that i can collect data, compile and have it loaded into an email sent to mrkt. director from website. I finally found the components under the "window" tab which allows me to simply drag in, and spedify parameters. "great, tho I still don't know how they work, one thing at a time,) So my problem now, is that I cannot figure out how to get into the components to change the colors of the selected fields and such, (ie, rollover color in dropdowns) Whenever I double-click on the component, it tells me to enter properties from the parameter field, but this allows me to do nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I want to know how to do this stuff, not hand held solutions,

Thanks, so far this resource has been extremely helpfull in teaching myself Flash!

James
    Last edited by liquidsilo; 05-21-2007 at 02:03 PM.

Get Squared Away.
    Hey there,

You need to use the setStyle() method to customize the look of your components. You can find more information on it in the help section. It sounds like you are very new to flash though, so be wary, it does get a bit hairy to customize and skin components. But that should point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps,

Josiah

thanks

i'm just too frustrated right now, but appreciate your feedback. not sure how to use the setStyle (); your referring to as i'm not sure what to put in the parentheses. Your correct. Very new to flash (well, actionScript, been creating animated slideshows for awhile) and self teaching as I go.

James