A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Believe in dreams that give you warnings?

Believe in dreams that give you warnings?

Ok... with the episode with Mr. Paranoid out of the way, I'm still having a dream that's basically warning me about something.

The dreams have been at it for over a week straight.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

AKA [ Paul Bainbridge] webdreamer's Avatar
    It's sounds like someone is got something on there mind.
    .: To me AS is like LEGO, Only for the big Kids :.
    - Site - Blog - Twitter - Linkedin
    bringmadeleinehome.com

We'll need a vivid verbal description of the events that transpired in your dreamspace before any kind of analysis can be made concerning the inperience. If you can provide visual aids and perhaps the results of your most recent cat scan that would be great.

inperience = internal experience
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    Ok... with the episode with Mr. Paranoid out of the way, I'm still having a dream that's basically warning me about something.

The dreams have been at it for over a week straight.
    That'll be Christopher Reeve warning you off that trip you're considering to a Montana dude ranch.

oooooooo, spooky
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

I normally don't believe in that kind of stuff. But, the summer before 9/11 my girlfriend had a dream about planes flying into 2 high rise towers, and middle-eastern terrorists running around in the streets. She's had a few others too.

So in my judgement: who knows?

If you're not clairvoyant, your subconscious is just working something through.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Dreams are your collective unconcious speaking to your concious.

Your dream is telling you that you Not to turn into Alberto Gonzales/Mr Paranoid Acting like you don't know anything while trying to mastermind an embezzlement scheme of your own.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    I envy people who can even remember their dreams....supposedly we do it every night, but I wake up actually remembering a dream only about once every 3 months if I am lucky.

david
    No longer a Flashkit mod, not even by stealth

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

I write down my dreams in a notebook and throw them away per year. My ratio of dreams that "come true" is pretty damn high.

One of my warnings came totally true today from a week ago. The girl now thinks I'm a witch.

Wouldn't that make me a warlock?

gerbadamus

If my predictions come true... I got two more years of this bull****.

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    flip 'em the bird then....try to believe that the future is not predictable and managed purely on a day to day basis.

....Or did you already know I would say that?

david

Insanity is just a point of view. After all, the world looks pretty normal through your own underpants.

HAHAHAH! I knew you'd say that

N' then I might just
    Jump back on
    An' ride
    Like a cowboy
    Into the dawn
    ........To Montana.
    Last edited by david petley; 05-24-2007 at 01:27 AM. Reason: stupid smiley code

doItLikeThis
    Wanna here my weird dream. In my dream, I am in a detailed conversation with a guy about life and everything. Just 2-3 days ago I saw him and I was freaked out. Now check this, I think more then 2-3 weeks ago, I was commuting through the public when I had just got a glimse of this guy while moving very fast through the traffic. This small event got stored in my memory and in my dream I am talking to him. Iam sure that type of thing happens to anyone out here too, not necessarily a person, but that one small thing gets stuck in your mind, and you think its dejavu but its not I need to sleep bye.
    -Aditya

caithness massiv
    there's an old addage by Theodor Herzl:
    If you will it , it is no dream
    do you want this warning to come true?

or: are you doing everything in your power to create your reality as you see it?

if you aren't "giving it your all" then you're probably afraid about some ramification event that is possible

if you are, then the warning is more like a "hurdle" that you will inevitabely be forced to overcome

--===00OO00===--
    There is a theory, that all time exists at the same time. And that all being are omnipresent. With all memory's and thoughts stored in the subconscious. And the subconscious only lets out the memory's that you should have at that 'moment' in time. And that dreams that foretell something are actually your subconscious mind becoming 'lax' in the event of a 'major' event/memory about to occur. With your subconscious basically being the all-knowing of your brain, it releases the memory into your conscious brain for it to be accessible to you at will. The more 'major' the event soonish to be the harder it is said to hold in the memory thus limiting it's ability to hold in 'minor' memory's. Thus giving your prophetic dreams while you sleep, where your subconscious is most accessible to your conscious.

For example, if most of these have been occurring recently (a few months) and your Mr. Paranoid occurred last week. Which is a 'major' event. Then the subconscious would be holding Mr. Paranoid down harder then smaller things, letting the smaller things slip. (Like the girl that calls you a witch.) The subconscious would not work in any measurable time we could imagine because it would be omnipresent, and be existent everywhere storing your memory's. Thus it is said that when 'major' events are soon to happen, more 'minor' events are let slip to protect the 'major' ones from your conscious mind, thus increasing the deja-vu.

Just a theory explained to me on Tuesday....Weird coincidence that be....

If any of it is not clear I can explain it more. The supervisor is sitting right behind me at the desk and I'm sort of rushing my thoughts out.

Quote Originally Posted by agent vivid
    do you want this warning to come true?
    No. The one that came true... I don't control the weather nor nature in no way...

The warning, I don't want to happen at all. And so far, making it not happen by any power in me.

caithness massiv
    save gerbick, save the world?

lord no.

I have plenty of dreams per year like this... too many come true.

caithness massiv
    maybe you need to smoke some weed... my dreams always rock when i'm high