A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Believe in dreams that give you warnings?

naw... I'm pretty much a "beer only" type of guy.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Quote Originally Posted by Eleniatari
    There is a theory, that all time exists at the same time. And that all being are omnipresent. With all memory's and thoughts stored in the subconscious. And the subconscious only lets out the memory's that you should have at that 'moment' in time. And that dreams that foretell something are actually your subconscious mind becoming 'lax' in the event of a 'major' event/memory about to occur. With your subconscious basically being the all-knowing of your brain, it releases the memory into your conscious brain for it to be accessible to you at will. The more 'major' the event soonish to be the harder it is said to hold in the memory thus limiting it's ability to hold in 'minor' memory's. Thus giving your prophetic dreams while you sleep, where your subconscious is most accessible to your conscious.
    That's just a bit crazy. Is that based on anything at all?

Yeah, I was introduced to a similar concept over twenty years ago from a book written long before that, so the idea has been around for a while. As for what it's based on, well, that book was written by a being of pure energy named Seth while being channeled through Jane Roberts and transcribed by her husband. The name of the book was The Nature of Personal Reality.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

I'm tellin ya'lls he's the Emissary.

Of course even Sisko had that one freaky dream state where it was all a big falsehood trying to mess with his mind.

Eat cheese before you go to bed and you will have funky dreams that you remember. Someone told me this and I did not believe them untill I tried it out.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by agent vivid
    maybe you need to smoke some weed... my dreams always rock when i'm high
    I used to be a daily smoker and I never remembered any of my dreams.

And, opposite to your assertion, I had the wildest, clearest dreams when I hadn't smoked at all.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

^^ agreed.
    Waking or otherwise I couldnt remember a damn thing.
    I have NO idea how I got my diplomas.

i have a lot of those sorts of dreams.
    most involve nurses and strippers then i wake up at the best bit.

im still waiting for that day....
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...
    Rockdirect base, 17" laptop.
    core duo 2.3ghz 512mb graphics
    2gb ram 80gb hdd +goodies.

I can arrange for you to end up at the hospital. Would that help?

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

--===00OO00===--
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSHVision
    Yeah, I was introduced to a similar concept over twenty years ago from a book written long before that, so the idea has been around for a while. As for what it's based on, well, that book was written by a being of pure energy named Seth while being channeled through Jane Roberts and transcribed by her husband. The name of the book was The Nature of Personal Reality.
    Thank you, I would never have been able to remember where they said they read it from.

caithness massiv
    another great Seth book is called "Seth Speaks" -- i recommend checking it out if you're interested. read with an open mind and you will be amazed

regarding 'time' ... i try to picture it this way... we incorrectly assume we 'live' in 4 dimensions ( x,y,z,t ) -- a single point in time with the 'possible' x,y,z space coordinate

a more proper assumption is that we 'live' in 6 dimensions ( x,y,z,t,u,v ) -- where our x,y,z space coordinate is still the same, but that coordinate relates to a particular point in time (t) OF a particular subset of POSSIBLE TIME (u) relative to ALL TIME (v) ...

like this x::t | y::u | z::v

just like x is the path along the way, y is the amplitude on that x path, and z is the 'relative' direction of the x/y path, so can you assume that TIME works in the same way SPACE works...

No I can't do it by tommorow.. 1stbite's Avatar
    IMO dreams and fortune telling are the same... you can read what you like into them, it's up to you if you want to believe...

that said I would probably be more likely to believe a prediction from a dream then from a fortune teller
    and in a blink of an eye...
    Media and Multimedia Courses in Nottingham - First Diploma | IMedia | HND | Foundation Degrees | BA(Hons) Top Ups.

Give a Twit a chance!