dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: need alittle design help

The Slinkiest FatPig there is!

k i am making this intro for alittle securty company

and i have made basicly what i want it to be
    but i need some ideas on making it alittle more active
    like maby some little things going on in the back round aswell the "digitech" at the bottom i need to beef up alittle. so any ideas bad or good
    just need to spark somehting

http://www.members.home.net/theflashmaster/temp.html

Well, it's actually very nice in it's simplicity, the only thing I would do is:

Add more frames to the "Security" definition, I can barely get to the end reading the second line before it starts fading out.

It's important to test it out, read it at a speed a normal person would, and make sure that the whole thing can be read.

Take Care,

mg33

its actually very good. i would background effects or something to make the definitions a little less boring. i like it, so keep me updated on improvements.

It's good, just spice it up with some more lively animation.

The Slinkiest FatPig there is!

Originally posted by stork
    i would background effects or something to make the definitions a little less boring.
    do you have any ideas
    cause i was thinking the same but i cant really think of anything to spice it up

but altleast you all like it
    thats good

hello.
    when using white background you will run into issues. it seems like there is alot of empty space, the images appear brighter than they should be. i like the white but in the intro it seems like everything is floating, nothing to hold it together. i can see that logo animation smaller, perhaps in a corner of the interface. i don't see it taking the entire view. i think you need to play a little more with the background and foreground to give it a more multi-dimensional feel. why center it? try playing with positive and negative space. to do this you will probably have to use the entire screen.
    i think it's a good intro.
    hope this helps.

I thought it was quite nice...Why change anything unless the company want changes? Not sure it would look good with alot of objects flying around and fancy effects..Keep it simple is my suggestion I would maybe choose another font on the "opening" though...

Tippa

Taper Boy for the Prophets of the Funk
    Definitely in tune with the 'nice' crowd....it was clean, precise, and a good use of white space (i wouldn't touch the background...).

I do think you should allow for more time to read the text in the beginning...and about 5-6 more seconds of frames (depending on your FPS)....

good job