A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Does anyone know this?

Does anyone know this?

I am looking to create a scrolling image from left to right. It will have 4 sections on one long image connected to 4 links. When you press link 4 it will scroll from the position it is in to section four. So that It will look like one long band that moves from the current position to the new one. I am looking for some help on the scripting on how to do this.

I dont really know where to begin with this... Any ideas?

i R smRt
    I'm pretty sure you don't need actionscript to do this. Go look up some tutorials on motion tween, I think that's what you're after.

Banned
    I am sure that for doing that , needs Script ...
    Last edited by pumi; 05-30-2007 at 05:25 PM.

i R smRt
    nahhh, you can do motion tweens with script, but you don't have to. All you need is about ten frames (depends on how long you want it to run for), move the object, and select motion tween from properties.

could you give me an example? I know you can motion tween when your going from point a to b but when it could be coming fro a,c,or d I thought you would need to write a conditional statement of some sort.....

i R smRt
    hmm, I'm not totally sure what you mean. Now that I reread your first post, do you mean you want one thing to scroll from point A to either point B, C, or D depending on what you click?

Exactly thank you, I found another way to do it as well with mostly flash and little actionscript. Thanks for the help I truly appreciate it