A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: MochiAds?

MochiAds?

Hi, I was wondering if anybody has any experience with MochiAds. In particular, I'm trying to gauge how it stacks up against selling the front ad space / links to a game site for a flat fee, which is what I've done with my last couple games. To be honest, I don't really have a clear idea how fair a price I got for those, or what kind of payment is normal.

So, if anybody wouldn't mind discussing it, how much money are you making with MochiAds? Do you expect to make as much as you would getting sponsored by a game site (if you've tried that)? Have you tried any other ways to monetize your Flash games?

thanks,
    max

What I have found is that you need a huge amount of views with mochiads to make any real money. I cant really talk money figures but I would say you need hits in the tens to hundreds of thousands to return something worth while. So it would depend on the number of hits you think you would be receiving.
    Last edited by hooligan2001; 05-31-2007 at 02:22 AM.

No posting of actual sums here. If you want to discuss numbers, do it through PM.

Ok, well if anybody wouldn't mind PMing or e-mailing me, I would appreciate it. I understand some people consider it personal, so that's ok, but I'm just looking for information to decide whether I should try to use MochiAds on my next game or look for a sponsor like before.

Not trying to argue, but are generic ad rates off limits too? Since we don't set them, colusion is not the problem that it is with salary figures.

True Mike, but it wouldn't be long before someone dropped into the thread and said "That all you get with ads ? I sold xxx for $yyy".

I think if MochiAds don't publically state their click through price then we shouldn't be discussing it here. If they do, then it's fair game I guess, but then all anyone would need to do is check their own traffic figures ( Or use alexa if they want to check out prospective portals ) and multiply that by the click through rate and no need to sully the board with cash talk

Squize.

Student

Mochi is still in beta, so it's a moot discussion, no?

well, they're putting ads on game and paying people, which makes it a serious consideration for how to make money on your game if you can get into the beta, so I don't think so. Still, since I can't find any kind of information from which to guess how much I could expect to make, I don't think I would try it yet unless I was having a really hard time finding a game site sponsor.