dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: This is enough to sway my vote...

Quote Originally Posted by japangreg
    I find it weird that someone who worked for Santorum would be for Rudy.
    I'll tell you now that odds are pretty good that in a few months, Santorum will endorse Mayor Giuliani. Giuliani did a lot of stumping for us during the campaign, and him and Santorum are very, very close.
    I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is.

From what I've heard, those in NYC don't like him much at all - especially a few firemen and policemen. He's kind of like Romney, where the people he actually governed wouldn't vote for him.
    Most of the people I've met from NYC love him, but I would be hard-pressed to say that I know nearly enough people from New York City to judge. All that I can look at it are his approval ratings during his term, which were certainly favorable:

http://time-blog.com/real_clear_poli..._on_91001.html
    I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Designs
    Giuliani's been my "hero" if you will for years and years now. He represents what this country needs right now
    So you appreciate that he's a adulterer, as well as his policies in NYC were quite controversial?

You seriously need to pick a better "hero". One that actually doesn't treat his mistress to nice things on taxpayers money perhaps.

And that's a start.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

U D
    Gunliani is hardly small government
    -Goverment funded abortions is not small government
    -War escalation which is what he wants is not small government.

You want small government look at Bill Clintons track record. Republicans claim they want small government Bill delivered. Something the current Republican adminstration as well as previous republican presidents failed to do.

Guiliani is blind to history
    He thinks that terrorism in the United States started on 911 even though there was an attach on the world trade center previously. He refuses to admit that thier might be a thing such as blow back.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=AD7dnFDdwu0

Guiliani laughs at Habeas Corpus
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=px11095pT6I

Guiliani has a law/lobbying firm.
    http://news.aol.com/elections/presid...1?ecid=RSS0001

How deep in bed do you think he is with the companies his firm does business with?
    Who do you think he will work for first the american populace or his legal clients?

Guiliani does have a lot of faults imo. But, Clinton as an example of small government? lol
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

Bad example of using Clinton pertaining small gubmint; however... using Clinton, he got pushed aside due to adultery. Why didn't Guiliani?

I don't really like Guiliani, I think he plays the 9-11 card way too much, and used the tragedy to further his image and career. I thought it was ridiculous how he tried to change the laws to allow him to stay on as mayor past his allowed term. I also hate his annoying lisp and find it odd he married his cousin (even though he was apparently unaware, it still freaks me out a little).

Though I do have to say he did an amazing job cleaning up New York. Today you are safe at night in areas where you wouldn't think about venturing during the day before he took over.

btw, i think Margaret Cho is so overrated, she has no concept of comedic timing...she hangs on jokes waaaaay to long. She tells a joke and then just stares into the audience for an unbearable amount of time with some weird facial expression. Her only funny bit imo is when she impersonates her mother. Sarah Silverman is much better.

Margaret Cho is considered funny by people? Why do I find that funnier than she tries to be?

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    So you appreciate that he's a adulterer, as well as his policies in NYC were quite controversial?

You seriously need to pick a better "hero". One that actually doesn't treat his mistress to nice things on taxpayers money perhaps.
    Decisions made in a candidate's private life (whether or not I agree with them) are not going to impact my vote. The Clinton comparison is entirely wrong because Clinton lied under oath about it, and Mayor Giuliani did not. I personally disagree with the actions that both of them took, but their personal life has no impact on how they will serve as President. Clinton may have been wrong about having an affair, but it is only an issue for me because he publicly lied under oath about it.

Ultimately, I appreciate your opinion along with everyone else's, but I will be supporting and voting for Mayor Giuliani, and perhaps even staffing on his campaign. I've followed his actions and life very closely for many, many years now, and I'm convinced he's the right man at the right time.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    From what I've heard, those in NYC don't like him much at all - especially a few firemen and policemen. He's kind of like Romney, where the people he actually governed wouldn't vote for him.
    well not everybody is going to love him, but from what I have heard nyc loves him by and large. I guess it depends on the circles you travel in.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Quote Originally Posted by Frets
    you want small government look at Bill Clintons track record. Republicans claim they want small government Bill delivered.
    congress. The size of government has more to do with the legislative than the executive. Clinton was a master at working with the republican congress and the media.

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Dude, he's not Mayor Guiliani any longer. Bloomberg holds that currently. I know it's a past honored "honorific" you're extending to him; however he is a man that announced his separation to his wife before telling his wife.

He spent taxpayers money and used it to treat his mistress. He broke the simplest of moral statutes... marriage. And if you want to continue with this moral highground as you've done in the past, it starts with that institution first.

Clinton lied under oath. Guiliani had lied to the press before finally calling a press conference where he announced his separation from his wife.

He is not the right man for any job other than rank lying and a continuation of moral depravity that just shakes the whole foundation of what should be considered decent and honest.

He's a liar. He's an adulterer. And he's a dishonest man. He'll get nothing from me in the form of support.

And his role in 9/11... he ain't even read the damn dossier. It happened under his "reign" and yet the pieces aren't put together fully quite yet. Let 9/11 go. He did nothing more than pose for a few damn pictures.

And you're quite ignorant of all of his policies. Guiliani is hated for a lot of reasons. I'd say do more research on why minority groups hate the dude. You're quite not yet there.

Guiliani's work as a prosecuting attorney is undeniable, and took some serious stones at times. By and large his mayorship of NYC greatly improved the city. His personal life is rather turbulant, and in the case of the divorce during his mayorship it seemed like a long time coming. Claims of miss use of funds are claims, unproven. Many of his policies during his mayorship could be argued to be classist.

For those who might be interested, there is an article about Rudy in Rolling Stone - can't link to it due to bad language.
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

Send the link to me, please.

caithness massiv
    everyone lies..... period.

I don't get paid 2 million nor vie for president based on my lies. This guy is a douche.

For those who might be interested, there is an article about Rudy in Rolling Stone - can't link to it due to bad language.
    Is it as bad as the one about the 2004 election in Ohio that even liberals distanced themselves from?
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

2004 Election/Ohio benefited who exactly?