dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: This is enough to sway my vote...

This is the article I was referring to: http://www.rollingstone.com/news/sto...n_stolen/print
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf

...and he's out.

political thread - arise! Wreak havok on the CL!!

So Guilliani bet it all on FL and lost - looks like it'll be McCain for the Repubs. Some have suggested that his defeat is the 'end of 9/11 politics,' which I for one couldn't be happier to hear.

So if it comes down to McCain v. Clinton or Obama, what are the predictions for how it'd break? According to the polls, it looks pretty tight right now (though this far out is somewhat meaningless); I'm betting that the choice of running mates will make or break who ever ends up on the ticket.
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

My hunch is that McCain or Romney could beat Hillary. But, only Romney could beat Obama.

People are forgetting how gaffe-prone McCain is. He's the Republican Howard Dean. If he gets the nomination we're going to have to hear over and over about his insulting of asian people, etc. in addition to lord knows what else he will say this time.

Seriously... since race has been brought out... most white folks come November will not vote for Obama... I keep thinking about this when I think what might happen in November... right now, it's "cool"... but not when that person might be the ultimate "boss"... not gonna happen.

Asians being pissed off by an old white man still won't vote for a black dude. Same as the latino vote in Florida.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Unfortunately, I think those things will be a factor. We can thank the Clinton's for playing the race card this time. Of course, I would never vote for Obama for reasons completely unrelated to race!

Also a factor is Romney's religion and Hillary's gender. I saw one poll that had shown that more people were ready for a black president than for a female one.

I Mastered Dead Technology TallGuyLittleCar's Avatar
    I think more white folks will have a problem with the name "Barack Hussein Obama" than the color of his skin.
    ONLY RON PAUL AND ALUMINUM FOIL CAN SAVE YOU NOW!
    annoy your politician fairtax.org, a political forum

Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabris, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Watch that YouTube video I linked to... already covered.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    I consider myself mostly republican but if McCain wins the party i'd have to go for Obama. If it's Hillary vs. McCain I don't know what i'll do.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

As an outsider looking in I would go for Obama.

I liked Bill when he was president but I just don't like Hillary for some reason.
    Don't know a thing about the republican candidates but after Bush I'd stay well clear.

Quote Originally Posted by CVO Chris
    I liked Bill when he was president but I just don't like Hillary for some reason.
    You mean, lump-Obama-together-with-other-black-candidates Bill?

It was pretty classic when Al Sharpton said that it is time for Bill Clinton to "shut up".

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/0...n_n_83649.html

meh. I'm quite sure the Republicans - which I'm one, believe it or not, I just don't share their avarice or tactics - are sitting back and watching the Democrats tear each other apart and enjoying the living hell out of it.

McCain looks robotic and nearer to death than Cheney... which surprises anybody. Romney sounds like an embittered businessman. Clinton just seems like a snarky and bitter woman... and that's Bill. Hillary just seems like she has less personality than even the nearly deadpan even in humor attempts Guiliani. Obama... he's being placed on the spot to answer the hard questions that really are frustrating even to a sane person. And I honestly miss Edwards.

I hate what this all has become. Sheer fanaticism within the party lines, Republicans comfortable with the "god vote" but not believing in it their damn selves and how honestly I wish I could park my moral compass as Cheney, Abramoff, Bush, Rice, Rumsfeld, and all of the other bastards from the last 7 years have done while creating a falsehood of "safe international travel" to the people that never ****ing travel outside of their own county lines.

And to bring in Sharpton only to make a minor point is rather stupid too when he's usually relegated to nothing unless he serves a point.

Case in point ^ see above.

Using people to support your myopic views isn't above, nor below, the Republican agenda. I should know... I'm one.

Carry on...

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    And to bring in Sharpton only to make a minor point is rather stupid too when he's usually relegated to nothing unless he serves a point.

Case in point ^ see above.
    Gee. Thanks.

Can't say I really understood what you were trying to say there other than taking an opportunity to say that I'm stupid. You're right. I guess all that I can do is to aspire to be smart some day.

No. It's a stupid tactic.

He's now relevant... why? I'll tell you why.

He now fits to serve a purpose. Before then... he never did fit any other purpose other than his own agenda. And as it stands, if he wasn't a person to be taken seriously before he was off doing his own agenda - read: While he was squawking like a rooster about things that really were peripherally important - then why is he now pertinent?

It's like fitting a piece of the puzzle in the wrong place... just because now it might fulfill some other agenda.

And as it stands... I do declare that a stupid tactic. Once ignored, it should be always ignored. And Al Sharpton belongs in that group that should always be ignored.

Even if he now serves a minute part in a narrow-minded ploy to make him pertinent.

And by now, my friend... if I were to have called you stupid, I'd do it in regular English directed towards you. I was merely talking about the Republican/US Media attempt to make Al Sharpton pertinent.

He's not. And stop thinking that I'm talking about you... it ain't that personal, my friend. Take care.

The only purpose and agenda I had with that comment was humor. I agree that he should be ignored. I just never thought I would hear one of his over-the-top statements being directed at a Clinton.

Maybe I'm not as up to date as you are with how the incident is being portrayed in the media. So, I hear you. I don't think it was unreasonable for me to have read that as being directed at me. But, I apologize if that's not what was intended.

Peace!

Here's a good breakdown of the current delegate situation for the Republicans: http://hughhewitt.townhall.com/blog/...6-46775fc121ec

It's pretty clear that it's now down to McCain and Romney. As the article points out, a vote for Huckabee at this point is a vote for McCain. Take note and choose wisely!

Quote Originally Posted by FlashLackey
    The only purpose and agenda I had with that comment was humor. I agree that he should be ignored. I just never thought I would hear one of his over-the-top statements being directed at a Clinton.

Maybe I'm not as up to date as you are with how the incident is being portrayed in the media. So, I hear you. I don't think it was unreasonable for me to have read that as being directed at me. But, I apologize if that's not what was intended.

Peace!
    Personally, I don't want either pompous jackass - Bill or Al - to continue to derail the main issues. Al doesn't deserve any attention whatsoever.

And in my book, never should have ever mattered. He just reminds me of a lost clown that's never quite found his circus.

lol

Between Bill being a snarky and bitter woman and Al being a lost clown, I can't decide which characterization is better.

It would be interesting to hear the story of Al's rise to power. I know about his antics once he got there. But, how in the hell did he get anywhere over anyone else in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by gerbick
    meh. I'm quite sure the Republicans - which I'm one, believe it or not, I just don't share their avarice or tactics - are sitting back and watching the Democrats tear each other apart and enjoying the living hell out of it.
    Hard to imagine that sentiment after the debate last night - Obama and Clinton were practically holding hands the entire time. Romney and McCain's yes-you-did-no-I-didn't on time tables was much more fun to watch...

...and I think a lot of people are missing Edwards: it was pretty clear from early on he wouldn't make it all the way, but he stayed on his message the entire way and didn't seem to get into the middle of the person mud slinging (prolly cause no one really bothered to take too much of a swipe at him). Think it's the kind of buyers remorse some on the right will feel after Ron Paul gets bumped. Now that the possibility of him actually winning is gone, you can think about his ideas without feeling too threatened and realize "Holy ****e, this guy is actually right on some issues..."
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.