A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sound starts in the wrong place?

Sound starts in the wrong place?

I'm creating an animation and i have two scenes. In my second scene, 5 frames in I have added a sound, and subsequent to that i have more sounds on several layers as the animation progresses. When i play this is flash it all seems alright, but when i exprt it as a .swf the sound in my second scene starts to play about 3 seconds in from the end of the first scene, and drags all subsequent sounds with it. I don't have a clue what has happened?

Anybody able to help me?

Is there any "stop" actions in the script to keep it from continuing on? Also it would make it easier to troubleshoot if you uploaded the .fla or at least the code. If you upload the .fla please specify your version of Flash.

your sounds are set to 'stream' in the properties bar? If not, try that.
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

Quote Originally Posted by EvolveDesigns
    your sounds are set to 'stream' in the properties bar? If not, try that.
    All my sounds are set to stream now, and i'm still having the same problem. Also there are no actions in it anywhere.

I'm thinking you need some stop actions, otherwise the movie just keeps on playing. If you insert some stop actions then it stops there (obviously). Then have some reason for it to continue on (say mouse over) and start playing the movie from where it left off. Can you upload the .fla or provide a link to the .swf? Anything so we can get a little better idea of what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo1010427
    I'm thinking you need some stop actions, otherwise the movie just keeps on playing. If you insert some stop actions then it stops there (obviously). Then have some reason for it to continue on (say mouse over) and start playing the movie from where it left off. Can you upload the .fla or provide a link to the .swf? Anything so we can get a little better idea of what's going on.
    I've submitted it under Forest in the Rain, posted both the .swf and .fla. being new to the site i can't seem to find it myself, but hopefully with that title and it being under my username you should be able to.

Yukoyishi, at the top of the begining of the thread or directly below this you should find a button that says "Post Reply". You would want to use that, posting a "Quick Reply" doesn't allow you to add attachments. Once you click on the "Post Reply" button, then enter in text if you want, then scroll down and it will have a button saying "Manage Attachments". Click that. I tried finding your "Rain in the Forest" upload but I couldn't find anything posted on this site by you except this thread. There is a limitation to the size the .fla can be. I forget what it is offhand. I believe it's either 350K or 500K something like that I think. If you run into more problems let me know. By the way, what version of Flash are you using? I have MX and can not open anything in MX2004 - F8.

I use MX 2004 pro. i assumed that would come under mx. i'll post the .swf to my sheezyart account so you can take a look at it. the problem will be quite obvious as the last 3 seconds of animation has no sound.

http://www.sheezyart.com/view/1244142/

thats the URL for it. As before. All sounds i've made sure are stream and the only actions are those for the play button and loading bar etc which is on a separate scene for conveniences sake.

Yukoyishi, I'm checking it out now, will take a few minutes since I have dial-up as well. As for Flash, MX and MX04 aren't the same. You are able to export from 04 down to something that can be opened in MX. However MX can't open MX04 files.

You had said that there is 2 scenes, what's on the first scene? Are all the sounds and animation on the 2nd scene?

Initially there were two scenes, the guy running and the soun of his footsteps on the first scene, and on the second scene the scenery and the forst/river sounds. the third scene i put on recently just to stick the play button on and slotted that in before the other two. its displaying the problem with or without the play button.

Is it possible for you to save the file in MX format and then upload it to your sheezyart account? I know Flash can save down in versions. That would be the quickest way to resolve this I think. There's just alot of different reasons why it could be giving you problems, and I'm sure I won't be able to think of them all. The easiest route would be for me just to look at the .fla and see if I can help you out. Like I said thought, please make sure it is in MX format not MX2004.

i've saved it as an MX file, though i'll have to upload it here on flashkit as sheezyart is one of those art websites that only allows certain sorts of files e.g. jpeg, png and swf.