A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: SWF to phone

SWF to phone

After making an SWF file

What do I need to do to get it on the phone?

Just send it by USB/blue tooth or do I need to convert it to something first?

I would think save the .swf the same res as your phone then just transfer it via bluetooth
    All out of Honey Buffers, so i grabed a few Goose Heads

Don't you have to convert swfs to 3GP MP4 files?

assuming your phone supports Flash Lite, you should be able to transfer with USB/bluetooth.

Note that Verizon BREW phones only support loading Flash Lite content over the air, not through "side load".

Quote Originally Posted by hp3
    assuming your phone supports Flash Lite, you should be able to transfer with USB/bluetooth.

Note that Verizon BREW phones only support loading Flash Lite content over the air, not through "side load".
    so phones support SWF?

what phone model and brand are you testing with and where are you attempting to install the SWF?

Nokia N95 should have a Flash Lite 2.0 player pre-installed. For compatibility, make sure the SWF is saved in Flash Lite 1.1 or 2.0 format.

You will need to install the SWF in a directory accessible from the standalone player (this may not happen automatically during bluetooth transfer), then run the Flash Lite standalone player application and use its file browser to access the SWF. I do not have a s60 version 3 phone at the moment, so perhaps someone else can tell you the exact location for this on a s60 version 3 phone.

I've just bought the Foundation Flash App for Mobile Devices book and so far it's great, but I haven't seen a step-by-step guide to getting a move onto a device for testing!

Video is a risky option because of bandwidth limitations on most devices, compression and image quality, and losing any interactivity (assuming you had some).

I'm hoping to start testing some simple anims today or tomorrow but still can't figure out how to actually get it on the phone. :\

Steve

Game Player - Developer scheletro's Avatar
    Im also starting to develop games for movile phones, but is very dificult here in mexico, flash technology is not so common here in cells

Here si a list of hand devices that support flash

http://www.adobe.com/mobile/supporte.../handsets.html

Enjoy!

"I love to make them as I love to play them"