A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Outline/border i.e frame around a pic

Outline/border i.e frame around a pic

Pretty simple, how would I make a border around a picture in photoshop, really what I want to do is make a 480x640 template with a nice even border.
    The way I have been doing it is cutting the space from a regtangle, but I find that its un-even and have to re-do it.

A bit more as to what I am doing. Using an interface that i made, then cut out a center region and I want to insert a quick time VR.

I used photo shop to slice it up but now the table is messed up.

I got it thanks....
    I thought the VR wouuld keep the 640x480, but all i needed to do is re-size it.
    Last edited by PCRIDE; 06-03-2007 at 12:24 PM.
    All out of Honey Buffers, so i grabed a few Goose Heads

Select the Marquee Tool, hit Ctrl+A to select all, right-click on the document and select Transform Selection, then hold down Shift and Alt while you scale the selection down a little bit. After that hit Ctrl+Shift+I to invert the selection.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

yea the problem I have is I find my self spending too much time getting the same pixal width all the way around. centering it etc...
    All out of Honey Buffers, so i grabed a few Goose Heads

That's what holding down Shift+Alt while you scale the selection does...constrains the scaling to uniform and to the center of the selection. If it's not open already, you can hit F8 to open the Info Panel and watch the size. Shouldn't be too hard to get what you want.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..