A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Difference between insert KeyFrame & Blank KeyFrame

Difference between insert KeyFrame & Blank KeyFrame

Hi everybody i have just started learning flash 8 for a few weeks now. I was just wondering, when i insert a KeyFrame in my layer i see small rectangle together with a small dot next to it. Although, if i right click and insert a blank keyframe i see the same thing but this time i see a "White" layer filling up my frame from the point of creating this. Can somebody tell me the difference between the two and when they should be generally used in the layers. Hope that is clear.

Thanks

inserting a keyframe will take whatever content you have on that layer at that position , with those attributes and establish a key frame or point from which you can move,change ,animate, script. Inserting a blank keyframe will creat a new keyframe in which to work from on the layer, but will not add or index anyhting that was on that layer previously in the time line. so lets say you have a box movieclip on frame one. and you want that box to move 100 pixels to the right over 50 frames, you would scrub to frame 50 , Insert a Keyframe, and move your box. Then on frame one you add a motion tween. Then lets says on frame 52 you wanted to not have the box at all , you could insert a blank keyframe.

Hi sorry for this late reply, i had to go visit family after posting thread. Anyway, i read what you posted, initially i did not fully understand a word of it, but after trying out myself and following what you said it did make it more clearer. Thanks