A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: game trailer

game trailer

Hey

check out this little trailer i did for a game. it was not made made any pre-made text effects.

http://www.flasherb*i*t*c*h.byethost2.com/exodus3000/

(remove the *'s)

Sorry if this is unwarranted, but since you posted here I'm assuming you'd like feedback on your work. I gotta say that your trailer is reall, really boring. There is just nothing to it that would make me interested enough to actually play the game. If you incorporated the use of screen shots or even better some animation from the game itself that might do the trick. I just wasn't puled into it enough to make me wanna click, which should be the point of any kind of intro.

Take from that what you will. Hopefully it helps!

-Sandy

PS: You spelled "Surivors" wrong. There is no "e" in it.

i am actually working on the 'imaged' animation (part 2 of the intro).

if u thought it was boring you might not be into that kind of story/games at all, no?

what do u mean "unwarranted"?

thanks for the spelling check and the feedback

cheers
    Last edited by ricmetal; 06-10-2007 at 08:47 PM. Reason: few words

There's a part two to the intro?!? If that's so, than the intro you've just showed us is way too long IMO. That's one of the things that drives me nuts when playing games... I don't want to sit and read a book and then watch a movie (or any combination thereof) BEFORE I start playing... I just wanna play the game. And if I have to sit through all of that to get to the good stuff, more times than not I simply move on and not waste my time on it. I understand that there needs to be some set up/instructions/intro to a game to introduce it's premise, but that set up should be as enjoyable or pretty close to as enjoyable as the game itself or you're gonna lose your audience.

You tweens look good and your typeset is fine. I'm just saying if it were me I'd spend more time getting the player excited about the game I'm about to introduce to him instead of making him read a novel with no interest factor in it right from the get go.

By "unwarranted" I simply meant that you didn't specifically ask for feedback, so I wasn't sure if you wanted any or not. Unwarranted means that you receive something you didn't deserve or ask for.

Anyway, this is just my 2 cents. Take from it what you will or disregard all of it. It's your site. Do what you think is right. I'm just trying to pay back all of the great advice I've been given on this site (especially in the Design & Animation forums) by offering my humble advice where I see fit.

Good luck on your game!

-Sandy

i guess i understand what ur saying that its boring and maybe i am to hung up on the game and don't realize that the intro is for new players that never played the game.

ill keep that in mind