A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Cribbage

Cribbage

I haven't played in years and last night I took out the old board and tried reading the directions that came with this travel one I got for xmas and those things make NO sense. Anyone else play on here that can do a quick run down of the directions or know of a good site with dumbed down game directions
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Two people? Deal six cards each, you both take 2 and put them in the crib, which acts as the dealers second hand.

You start by playing cards and counting up to 31. 15, 31, doubles, triples, last card, and runs all score points.

Then you go for moving. You move based on what you have in your set of 5 cards (4 in hand, and the starter). Cards that add up to 15 count for 2, pairs are 2, trips are 3, runs (of 3) are 3, etc.

Then you just play until you get your peg at the end.

what DaVulf says is correct but there is a lot more to it.
    such as jacks (his nibs and his nobs) and flushes.
    best to look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cribbage
    for full rules.
    yahoo games have online cribbage if you want to try a practice game or three.
    also have a look at tactics on the wikipedia page above.

best card game ever.

it doesnt help with the rules since everything is automated. but, you can play a lot faster and focus on strategy playing on-line. i used to play at the Hoyle site all the time. not sure if its still there tho.
    "We don't estimate speeches." - CBO Director Doug Elmendorf