A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How can I draw animated stick figures and blood?

How can I draw animated stick figures and blood?

How can I create animated stick figures that look really well done? (like in the Flash movie "Animated vs Animator")

Also, how can I have stick figures explode (or "gib") and have it look fairly realistic along with blood?

Any help if greatly appriciated!

to draw them, just use the paintbrush (with a smaller brush than default) - then make each part of the body it's own movie clip:
    head
    body
    right arm
    left arm
    right leg
    left leg

...& animate them all separately, each on their own layer.

to make them "explode" you can animate each of the body parts "exploding" out from the center. for the blood, i usually painstakingly animate some blobs & hundreds of little drops...
    1 Infinite Loop, Cupertino is a portal of Hell.

You don't know how to draw stick people? How desperate are you? OK, OK, I'll try to be constructive and not make fun of people who can't draw little joined-up lines and circles..sheesh. For the "blood" part, get over to Odd Job Jack (Google for it -- have I got to do everything!?...), and try downloading some of the artwork that they have made available. As well as a terrific animation resource, some of the files include special FX like water, smoke...and blood. You will need BitTorrent to download the files, because they are HUGE -- you'll have to google for that as well! Good luck!

G

look, i'm trying to be constructive, too, don't get me wrong - but if stick figures are the question, bitTorrent is a very complex answer!
    ..& while I'm back here, wtf is a "gib"???

Ha ha! -- No, stick figures wasn't the question! (I believe I was fairly disparaging about stick figures). "Blood" was the question -- and I've seen those Odd Job Jack special FX files - they're very good. I suppose you always hope to show people other possibilities too, and there are some great resources at that site.

Hey -- if you don't like it, don't go there! And I don't know what "gib" means either...

G

well well well, actually, Stick Figures WAS the question - "Blood" was really just an afterthought in the original query :P
    I was merely saying that if one doesn't know how to draw a stick figure then something like bitTorrent may be a bit over one's head...
    Hey, yourself, I'm on your side!

Ha ha again! I didn't quite catch the meaning of your post then! Yes, BitTorrent may be a challenge if you can't draw a stick figure, that's true!

heh, yeah, that's all I meant - I wasn't at all implying that the bitTorrent thing was a bad idea.
    In fact, I'm going to go check out that site later for the special FX you mention - water mostly - & I've been looking for a reason why I purchased xTorrent! - haven't used it at all yet!

Go for it -- you won't be disappointed! The files are about a Gig though -- better get some coffee ready and a book to read...

Just so you know, a gib is like a bit of a body in game terms. Like a arm flying through the air. Or if you have ever played any super graphic games where you can blow zombies up (looking in half-life 2's direction) you will get the idea

Wow, I finally understand the term "Ludacris gibs" from Rise of the Triad. Occasionally while blowing the enemy to pieces the character would say that and I would have no idea what he was talking about. I miss that game...

Anyways, constructive? I got nothing...
    Whoever taught EVERYONE to put all their code on movie clips needs to be shot...

ahh, thanks for the education georgegowan
    - hey that's funny speed85, I was actually going to mention Rise of the Triad, where sometimes when you'd hit a guy with a big weapon his eyeball would bounce off the screen at you!
    hilarious!