A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: convert a vector draw from autocad to flash

convert a vector draw from autocad to flash

I want to copy a vector drawing from AUTOCAD 2006 to flash but I am having some difficulties.
    I have made a ground plan of a map in AUTOCAD. When I select a small part from the map with a small number of points and I copy it to flash the drawing is copied very well with no mistakes. The problem is when I am trying to copy the whole drawing. The copy function isn’t work correctly the lines on flash is been destroyed and the drawing isn’t correct.
    I also tried to copy it first in Illustrator and then from illustrator to flash but I have the same problem.

Also when the line has some thickness on autocad when I copy it to illustrator it translates the line thickness in to triangles objects. In flash is worst, the lines are destroyed.

The only way that I find to accomplish this is to copy the draw to illustrator and then save it as a psd file and then with photoshop convert it in to a png file but the thing is that with this solution the swf file is been a lot larger. And to achieve to decree the file size the only way is to have the map in to a vector object in flash.

I am in a dead end please if you have any idea what I can passable do to copy the vector draw from autocad to flash as a vector.

Someone's been there before digitalknoll's Avatar

cad to flash

first let me tell you that i have been using cad for over 8 years, so i'm familiar with the limits of the program. now, i have tried this before with mixed results. most of the time it works just copying & pasting directly into flash. if that doesn't seem to work i have a couple of other ideas.

1. export the cad to illustrator. open illustrator and copy & paste into flash.

or

2. save your cad file as a pdf, then open in illustrator. this will convert the pdf to vector lines. copy & paste into flash.

or

3. create referance lines in cad like you would do if the dwg doesn't fit in the viewport. create ref lines and copy & paste into flash and just rebuild it connecting the ref lines.

give it a try, sometimes we have to trick the computer.

_DK

Also, if you can save to illustrator you should be able to export your vector as a swf file from there.

The problem is more complex.
    When I am copying the draw from AUTCAD to Illustrator the draw is destroyed. Some of the lines are mess up especially the lines with thickness.
    Also I tried to export the draw from AUTOCAD to eps and I have the same problem.
    The only thing that I didn’t try is to export to PDF format because AUTOCAD 2006 isn’t giving you that option.

Please help. I am desperate!!!!

P.S.
    The export from illustrator to SWF format isn’t flexible because the swf file is too large.

Flatten it and re-draw it in flash using your flattened image as a reference.

Or download a program called "primo pdf" and "print" a pdf if you cant select it from your export options.