A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Connecting Movies...

[F8] Connecting Movies...

Hey all,

This might be the rookiest question up here. But, in all the years I've been using Flash, this self-taught user hasn't been able to figure this out...

How does one connect multiple flash movies together?

Like... I'm building my online portfolio. Some of the stuff I need to drop onto certain pages can take up space. So, let's say I end up with a movie that's 100 mb. How do I break the movie down into separate pages, link them all together seamlessly, and have them load into one URL?

OR.... am I just dumb for dumping everything in the movie's library? Should I be linking to files via URLs?

Thanks for your help!
    D

You would break the movie down into different movies. Try this tutorial- it should clarify things for you:http://www.cbtcafe.com/flash/loadmovie/loadmovie.html

You could also try the project in (Lynda's) Flash 8: Beyond the Basics. It's a method that's not really being utilized anymore, but a great place to start learning about levels and library sharing. The tutorials in that book don't assume you know everything about ActionScript and, as a fellow 'self taught' I found it easier to learn from than some other books out there.