A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: no sound on my FLV

no sound on my FLV

I'm using the flash 8 video encoder to make a flv. the resulting file has no sound.

If i go into the advanced settings i have no control of encode audio (it's all disabled)???

my source file is an .mpg is that ok.

not sure why this is happening?

rat

resolved?

I'm having the same problem today - can you please share with me if you figured out why there was no sound?

Thank you.
    *brittany*

Some video files will not convert fully, i have found the best results are with MP4 files. I have had no problems with them.

rat

I've read elsewhere that there's a bug to do with the sample rate, but since there's no way to choose or even view which sample rate it encodes to (as far as I can see) I'm also at a loss. The only thing I've found is that you get no sound with mono, but any stereo setting is fine, so you could try that. Not sure how much bigger the file will be. I'm just checking if it still happens with CS3 - will let you know the outcome.

Hope that helps a little.

Em

Right - I've just encoded several times, using different data rates. 64kbps mono, has no sound, 80kbps stereo has no sound. 96 stereo does though. This was with the same file (wmv), same settings, so not really sure why.