A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: cross browser compatibility

cross browser compatibility

I am designing a web site in HTML, and web I embed some flash button that I have designed but they are inactive and blocked and by IE. The button eventualy play but only after I allow it in my browser security alert. Does anyone have a way to make it them active so the viewer's experience is seemless?I am designing a web site in HTML, and web I embed some flash button that I have designed but they are inactive and blocked and by IE. The buttons eventually play but only after I allow it in my browser security alert. Does anyone have a way to make them active so the viewer's experience is seamless?

Also when I test in view mode my site with EI all graphics and text are positioned properly, but when I test it with Firefox the buttons are out of the space.
    Can anyone help out?
    Peace and love to all.
    IM .......di_t2002@yahoo.com

Hey. For the IE "security" thing you were talking about, as well as firewalls and all that good stuff, I'd recommend using SWFObject . I use it for all my flash embedding mainly due to the same reasons you stated, plus the fact that it validates.
    As for the other problems you stated, you might want to post a link so we can see it.

Hope this helps.
    Dewman

The Firefox issue at a guess is just that the html page is not built correctly, there will be some spacing or width problem. Would be easier if you could supply a link to that page so we can see it...

bp

Thanks for the tip

I think I can build a browser detect in Java and resize the page per browser.
    I built he page in local, as soon as it is up I will post a link.
    thanks again.
    IM .......di_t2002@yahoo.com

I would just build the page so it works in both, not really hard to do, and once you have done it once then you can apply those rules to all the future html pages.

bp