A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] eyedropper to choose color

[F8] eyedropper to choose color

hey guys,

this is a pretty rudimentary question, but i'm on a mac using flash 8 and when i used to draw with flash, i could use the eyedropper tool to pick the color from a photo on the layer beneath the layer i was drawing on. now when i use the eyedropper color and there is nothing on my current layer, it just defaults to white.

also what would be way more awesome than pressing 'i' for the eyedropper, getting the color, and then pressing, 'b' to go back to the brush would be if it were like photoshop where you just hold down the option key long enough. is there a shortcut like that?

thanks,
    Josh

In flash, you can't manually select the pipette tool, it selects automatically when you select the fill colour tab (underneath line colour tab). You can then select a colour from another shape or image.

With key shortcuts - if you hover over the items on the toolbox it'll show you the shortcut for each tool. Select tool is "V" for example.

- Chris

yeah, i know that i can just press "i" or click the eyedropper, but the color that the eyedropper selects if there is nothing on the current layer, is WHITE. and i dont want white, i want the color of the photo that is on the layer underneath the one that i am painting on. to do that i seem to have to hold down from the color menu. there has to be a better way...

Could it be that your layer of which you want to pick the colour of is locked?

~Senshi

senshi. you are a genius.

thank you.

"you are a genius."

I know, I just usually hide it =P
    Your welcome and good luck with flash.

~Senshi