A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Menu Problem

Menu Problem

in my website i would like to have a menu eg.home/gallery/contact and when you press each button the info transitions eg.Cross Fade.

now i can do this but my problem is when you click the buttons in order (home-->gallery-->contact) everything is fine but when you go from Contact-->Home it re-runs the initial animation (from start state-->home info) instead of transitioning from Contact-->Home.

following me?

so my idea was to create every single possible motion tween and just use gotoAndPlay but then it occured to me i didnt know if the computer would know which info section it was on to do which transition...oh my god

just tell me what i need to do or ill just keep sending out posts like this and i dont think anyone really wants that.

any questions, just let me know...i bet actionscript is the damn answer

Alan
    xXx

Simplemodern
    If you post the .fla it's easier for us to really understand what you are saying, since i'm not entirely sure
    Simplemodern --> C³ --> Clean Cut Communication

ok so ive uploaded a very basic example of what im talking about.when you click the buttons in the order of HOME>BIO>GALLERY>CONTACT it all works out fine...but if you click the buttons in any other order (BIO>HOME>CONTACT>GALLERY) it doesnt work, now i know WHY it doesnt work but i dont know what to do to make it work.

any ideas?

Alan
    Attached Files Attached Files

please is there nobody who can help me?