A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Transformers

Just got home from an early showing... wow. What a great flick. Easily the best movie I've seen since Batman Begins. Totally awesome experience, the graphics were top notch, and it was actually pretty funny, too.

Keep in mind I'm no fanboy, so I don't know if it was loyal to the television series or not, but honestly, this was the most fun I've had at the movies in a long, long time.

--===00OO00===--
    Ohh, it was that good? Well, I plan on seeing it Thursday. I'm even paying 4x what I usually do to go to the good theater...

Were there lots of robot fights? Or was it like the hulk and you only saw the hulk for the last 10 min of the movie.

No, this was absolutely nothing like Hulk. Hell, probably 2/3 of the entire film was action scenes, all which were incredibly well done. The machines really came alive, and they actually probably had more personality than the humans in the film. The last 40 minutes of the movie are just fight scenes, too...

It's a great summer movie, a lot more fun than anything else I've seen this summer, including Live Free or Die Hard (a good flick, but really repetitive), Pirates 3, Spiderman 3, and Fantastic Four 2.

--===00OO00===--
    Goody, then that means my money wont be wasted. I take it the story was good too, or was it just an action only movie? Well...dosen't really matter, I already told my friend that we were going. So I guess we are.

The plot's secondary, but it works. It's just an amazing summer movie, groundbreaking in it's visuals.

i've heard lots of good things about it, I'm going to see it Wednesday.
    I was skeptical at first because Michael Bay directed it and his movies are usually pretty cheesy, lots of action and little plot...but I guess he pulled off this one.

This... makes me happy.

Transformer fanboy... I admit it.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I will probably see it by the weekend- only movie out I even want to remotely see.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by Visionray
    i've heard lots of good things about it, I'm going to see it Wednesday.
    I was skeptical at first because Michael Bay directed it and his movies are usually pretty cheesy, lots of action and little plot...but I guess he pulled off this one.

robots take the form of cars/planes/tape players, and a gun and fight over a cube of power.

This was right up his alley
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

a bit hard to see whats going on during robofights, apart from that it's highly entertaining

good movie though. well filmed.

I'm still learning...
    just watched this movie today. it was nice.

i wonder what happened to those robots created in the end, where the hero dropped the cube and created some robots from some soda drink machine and stuffs...
    Last edited by Nogol; 07-03-2007 at 10:26 AM.

dude
    spoiler warninggggggs

Dude, I can't wait to see this later. BIG fan boy

For those that saw it. Does Megatron and Starscream still fight with one another?

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalOne
    a lot more fun than anything else I've seen this summer, including Live Free or Die Hard (a good flick, but really repetitive), Pirates 3, Spiderman 3, and Fantastic Four 2.
    That's not really saying much, but I'm kinda glad to hear that maybe Michael Bay didn't totally eff this up.

Kinda concerned about the plot being secondary, as long as the characters are somewhat solid. The cartoon may have been one big toy commercial, but as kids, we all bought into the characters, they had real personalities.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

All I have to say is that there were cheers at the credits. Best movie I've seen in 3+ years. Some of the matting was flat out perfect. I want to go off about all the cool sh*t but I don't want to spoil anything like Nogol. idiot.

Good casting, absolute correct level of seriousness, well placed comedy... you're in for a treat.

wow. this is quite a surprise. i never thought this movie would get the reviews it has been getting (been reading rottentomatoes too)

now im kinda pissed i agreed to work at gap tonight.

it was pretty good. about as good as it could be keeping it true. i think its dumb that if they choose to transform into anything why choose stupid cars? the decepticons had way better vehicles

I agree with Drunknbass, they should all have turned into F22's. Would have been a sick squadron.