A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Transformers

Quote Originally Posted by silverx2
    There is a ton of gorilla marketing happening for it right now.
    Lots of guerilla marketing too.

Last edited by DaVulf; 07-06-2007 at 02:42 PM.

If you're receiving this auto-response message it means that I've gone into hiding. You should be careful now, too. They're likely to start coming after all of us in an attempt to keep the balance of power in their favor. But remember, as our numbers increase as a group, the weaker they'll become.

As you recruit new people to our cause, you might need to share this message as guidance for how to navigate the 5 locks to the key code...

1) The first lock will test your memory. Follow the trail of light and sound, but be careful -- one wrong move will send you back to the beginning.

2) For the second lock, you may need to look to the stars. They will help you find HAAS who will lead your way.

3) The third lock will require you to extinguish all lights but one. Only with one light remaining will you be able to proceed.

4) The fourth lock will let you move all 4 pieces through the control of one. However, unless the three key pieces are simultaneously placed into position, you will not be granted access.

5) The fifth lock will be the toughest. Seek help again from the stars to reveal your key and the message that you must decode. The two working together will open the way.

Good luck.

Van

ethanwasright.com
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

Always Twirling Toward Freedom pooon's Avatar
    Ethan, JJ Abrams. 'Lost' connection perhaps?

Just saw it last night- AMAZING. I might actually go see it a second time in theaters and I NEVER do that.

Some more info on that trailer http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/9292
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

I have a question and an observation. Spoilers

So when the kid trips and hits the cube on the ground and the 360 and soda machine etc come to life- why is it everything the cube transforms is evil? Is the cube the source of the Decepticons? Because I thought it was the source for both(haven't watched the cartoon since I was very young). Also once all those objects are turned over you never see them again which I thought was odd.

Did anyone else get reminded of Terminator 2 with the whole cop car(T1000) and Camaro(terminator) trying to find the kid sequence?

So Gerbs- how was it?
    Last edited by WannaBe_80z; 07-07-2007 at 03:23 PM.
    "Let us declare nature to be legitimate. All plants should be declared legal, and all animals for that matter. The notion of illegal plants and animals is obnoxious and ridiculous."- T. McKenna

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z

So when the kid trips and hits the cube on the ground and the 360 and soda machine etc come to life- why is it everything the cube transforms is evil? Is the cube the source of the Decepticons? Because I thought it was the source for both(haven't watched the cartoon since I was very young). Also once all those objects are turned over you never see them again which I thought was odd.

Did anyone else get reminded of Terminator 2 with the whole cop car(T1000) and Camaro(terminator) trying to find the kid sequence?

So Gerbs- how was it?

Were they evil? I don't remember them doing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by pooon
    Were they evil? I don't remember them doing anything.
    Well, they transformed and started attacking people.

I asked exactly that question wannabe. Still not sure why. I think it has something to do with the way in which the electronics/machinery were originally assembled. When the head of S7 (or whatever they are called) demo'd the kids phone, he made mention of how nokia knows the way of the samurai. I take that to mean that the atmosphere of the parent company comes to life in the transformer version. So yeah, mtn dew, gmc, and microsoft are evil. I wonder what an ipod would become.

Just a heads up, on the second viewing, some plot holes and bad edits stick out but the second half is still amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBe_80z

So when the kid trips and hits the cube on the ground and the 360 and soda machine etc come to life- Also once all those objects are turned over you never see them again which I thought was odd.
    The xbox never makes another debut because it overheated and needed to be sent back to microsoft...
    Chaos= Religion+Humanity

I think that in essence, all the aliens from Cybertron are born to be "soldiers," if you will. They are a violent race, and only a moral code of ethics separates the Autobots from the Decepticons. The newly created Transformers (Nokia phone, XBox 360, Mountain Dew) are essentially "infant" machines, and have no code of ethics, only machine guns. Naturally, they attack everything they see, sort of like a teething toddler bites everything they come into contact with. As they grow, that code of ethics is ingrained in them, or not in the case of the Decepticons.

At least that's the way I interpreted it.

Good call. Hadn't thought of it that way.

for the record, I don't remember the xbox. Just a mtn. machine, an suv and a microwave.

Pretty easy to miss. A guy was carrying it in the xbox 360 box, as if he just bought it. When it transforms, legs pop out the sides of the box. Did anyone actually see the robot because thats all I saw. Also, its' transform sound was the 360 boot sound, which you probably wouldn't pick up on unless you owned the system.

it burst out of the box and just runs away and not sure if it was the cause of that or other machines but a bunch of people look as if they are being attacked.

I think this is definitely a second time theater movie. Maybe next weekend.

i think i might have to disagree with most people here.

I thought the movie was less than average. A big cheeseburger if you ask me. Plot sucked, acting sucked more, and the whole damn patriotic thing is getting really old for Michael Bay, he really needs to do something a bit different.

I'm not sure what i expected going to see the film, maybe this kind of movie can't be made any other way. Why can't they make a blockbuster movie without a crappy love interest, army jokes, the 'mum and dad' thing and just all that cheesy stuff. I say get rid of the damn humans, they weren't part of the story and dont need to be.

Graphics and sound were the best thing about this movie. If everyone agrees on that, why even bother with film. Do a Final Fantasy.

2/5 for me. I just can't take the same old blockbuster crap anymore. Its so boring.
    lather yourself up with soap - soap arcade

Well if you remember the 80's cartoon at all there was alot of cheesy one liners & general comedy. Also there was a human element to it because the humans knew Earth better than the Autobots.

I saw it last night. I forgave it for all the story changes & all the bad acting & bad writing, but I cannot forgive it for the bad cinematography. The 3d modeling was good(too good actually, there could have been far LESS detail) the animation was good, but everything was rendered way to close. It made the move hard to see for me.

I suppose we could all get hung up on those things malee, but I'm not going to ruin a fun ride through my childhood just because its not the Departed. They have a wide demographic to appeal to, merchandising to think about and you simply can't put that much CG and action on screen without padding your ROI. I'm ok with that.

I've just seen the movie my inner child has wanted to see... and enjoyed damn near every bit of it.

**SPOILERS**

Devastator's battle in the streets looked a bit oddly matched - lighting and the Autobots in the foreground seemed to hover, which was in stark contrast with the rest of the movie, but I swear that was one of the first parts of the movie leaked on the internet before the exploding bus scene... so it might have been a bit older than the other footage.

Megatron... when he said "Disgusting." and flicked that dude off of him when him and Prime were fighting... classic. I mean, he just beamed evil... I'm proud. Just wish he had been more prevalent in the movie. Not his original voice, but this one proved to be as menacing. As was his dialog with Prime and with Jazz... the way he "perched" on top of him and then proceeded to render him in half... wow.

Starscream... when he started transforming mid-flight and started shooting the other planes... that was a scene straight from when we used to play with the toys as children. And the old Megatron/Starscream banter "You've failed me, again..." type of stuff was great.

For once in my life, I'd have to say the graphics were damn near overkill. I thought I'd never say "too much detail"... but this is close to it. Small mistakes here and there... like Bumblebee having smudge marks on his face and chest, which becomes the grill which was pristine and smooth once driving around.

The comedy in the movie... was good. I can easily say this is not a perfect movie in the least. I'd say damn near average by the sums of it's parts.

The story... I mean, yeah... you could put Optimus Prime through the holes in the plot. But to me, this was the movie that this Transformer fan has been wanting to see since childhood... easily.

I will own this.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

And there we have it folks- take it out of theaters now