A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FlipBook using PDF files

FlipBook using PDF files

i want to create a template that the user clicks on and it animates a "flipping book pages" technique. I know these types of scripts exist but i will be using PDF files to load into bookstyle template.
    my issue is, can i load a PDF file externally within a flash movie and resize it to fit the book size dimensions, such as a xml file with a pdf file being called up...
    or should i just import pdf files as scenes into the flash fla file and call up each scene to be in specific pages...does anyone have code for this or know of where to find the code?

Student
    no support for flash reading PDF. YOu can however read JPEG,PNG,GIF and SWF files dynamicly meaning through Actionscript.
    There are however ways to automaticly convert PDF pages to SWF files as with FlashPaper from Adobe. Some free tools like PHP can handle PS/PDF files and convert them to almost any other image format such as JPEG. That way it should be possible reading PDF files

Try this PDF to Flash page flip converter . FYI, online conversion is free.
    Last edited by MarcosCoon; 03-21-2011 at 12:20 AM.

Banned
    Try flip book maker. It allows you to convert pdf, JPEG, PNG, GIF and SWF files to flipping book easily.

Quote Originally Posted by renderhjs View Post
    no support for flash reading PDF. YOu can however read JPEG,PNG,GIF and SWF files dynamicly meaning through Actionscript.
    There are however ways to automaticly
    convert PDF pages to SWF files as with FlashPaper from Adobe. Some free tools like PHP can handle PS/PDF files and convert them to almost any other image format such as JPEG. That way it should be possible reading PDF files
    Hi, renderhjs.
    Thanks for your nice sharing. I will check it later and send you feedback soon.

Best regards,
    Pan