A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: FLV With Very Jagged Text

FLV With Very Jagged Text

I am converting a .mov file to a .flv file to be played through a media controller .swf file. The images look great but the text looks very jagged and unreadable at some points. If I publish a swf of the .mov file (instead of exporting to .flv and playing through the media controller) it looks great and all of the text is crisp. After trying multiple settings (using the export .flv option in Quicktime) I cannot get the text to appear crisp. Am I missing something or is the very nature of the .flv file prohibiting me from smooth text?

probably the text is too small and also mention the resolution of you mov dile and output for flv.... there is no any prohibitings for text in flv... what are you using for exporting?
    I can only suggest you to use Video To Flash Converter (at geovid dot com), or a PRO version, which I use for this purpose. To input mov you need Quick Time Alternative codec to play it in Windows Media PLayer, which is required in converting by Video To Flash Encoder.

Here is the direct link to the codec

Also you can try this tool for free and if you will have any problems with it - I could help you.