dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tour De France 2007

Tour De France 2007

Tomorrow is the prologue, this year in London. Will you be watching/following the tour? Who's your favorites?
    Last edited by MagnusVS; 07-06-2007 at 07:24 AM.

My fav is Mr. Gene Do Ping, I'm sure he will be the winner this year.

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

Hehe let's hope not. But I expect that someone will disappoint this year as well. Vinokourov is one of my favourites for the yellow jersey. And Benjamin Rasmussen is a great climber!

Benjamin? Not Michael (previously a mountainbiker)?

Btw, I only have a fav for the first days, Fabian Cancellara. The rest is pretty much an open field.

Fredi

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    I'm going to Goudhurst (in Kent), to watch one of the hill climbs with my dad.

We used to bike together and we're both still interested, though he's a bit past two-wheeling these days.

Hopefully the weather's reasonable and I can get some decent snaps.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Quote Originally Posted by Subway
    Benjamin? Not Michael (previously a mountainbiker)?

Btw, I only have a fav for the first days, Fabian Cancellara. The rest is pretty much an open field.
    Sorry, I meant Michael. Hushovd will beat Cancellara
    I like Team CSC though (have their jersey in my closet), and hope they will do a good tour, even though they maybe don't have any big overall favorite on their team.

Cancellara will have a bigger gap between him and the rest than the gap between the second and the 10th.

Fredi

Former Employee of Satan Napalm's Avatar
    My business partner is a big chief at our national cycling association, so he's there doing "research" for the entire Tour. Bastard.
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups

How can I ever take this race seriously again, when there's so much drug tainting around?
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

Well, at least now you know that they all cheat.

To quote that German rider: "Everyone uses doping, so it's still the best that wins."

Now I don't fully agree with him as not everyone uses the same doping or even has access to the currently best substance, but there's defenitely at least some truth to it.

Fredi

But if I want to watch artificially stimulated sports I may as well stick to Playstation.

I used the love the Tour, always stayed up late to watch it on Aus TV, but now, meh, not so interested. Even with a couple of decent Aussie riders, I'd like to believe they were above the cheating, but let's be realistic here...
    Michezo Youth Initiative - donate | Into Kenya | Naked Chronicles | Mark Bingham - my friend, America's hero

To help new members fit into Flashkit, three rules they forgot to tell you on signup: Rule #1: Learn Group Think, and behave accordingly | Rule #2: Do as certain Mods say, not as they do. | Rule #3: If you're from outside the US, don't at any time criticise, allude or hyperlink to criticism of the US or any of their laws, policies or practices. | Enjoy your time at Flashkit!

They've already got rid of many riders who has used doping, and of course, there are probably some of the still in the game, but the control is getting better (at least until gene doping gets common)

And if someone you don't like wins, you can just say that "nah, he used doping"...
    Last edited by MagnusVS; 07-06-2007 at 05:40 PM.

Yeah, right. If the cheaters are German or French, they'll invariably look the other way.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Why not just let these guys tank themselves completely and give us a real show? They could have fist fights for the yellow jersey prior to each leg, have a daily 'roid leader and last one to hemorrhage before the finish line wins.

Mad Max meets Running Man meets Lance Armstrong meets Clubber Lang.

I could live with that.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Okay Subway. Cancellara has 7 seconds to go to Klöden now. He's going to win!

edit: He beats Klöden with 12,56 seconds. Really good!
    Last edited by MagnusVS; 07-07-2007 at 01:51 PM.

Klöden was a bit too good for my extended prediction, but ... told ya.

Fredi

Cancellara is best known as TT king and will stay that way. Same with Robbie McEwen who have been known for his superpower sprinting skills. Also with Cadel Evans with his great climbing skills. I've alway put bet on these guys to take Armstrongs' spot base from their skills and manpower, but these guys will be be sticking to the specific podium where they belong. I'm looking at the previous champions: Ivan Basso, Jan Ulrich, and Floyd Landis (I've met and ridden with him). With all these pointing fingers about doping issues, it's hard to pick one favorite to wear the yellow jersey this year.
    "Long live fk'ers, keep fk'ing."

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    I saw the first stage as it ran through Sissinghurst in Kent (five miles from Goudhurst, where I thought I'd be).

Very cool, great atmosphere, well worth the effort to get a look at the greatest race of them all.

The pic is of the four leaders as they came through, at this point five minutes ahead of the peleton - they were eventually caught outside Canterbury.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

it's impressive to see.

i'm not really a big fan or anything, but last year i happened to be in an area down in france where they were riding through so went down to see them pass. was stood on a roundabout and it was cool to see this swarm of bikes coming towards you and then splitting down the middle to go either side of the roundabout. pretty cool.

such a good atmosphere down there too- all the villagers were out there most of the day with their deck chairs and picnics (with large quantities of wine of course)- made a real day of it!