A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Portfolio

web designer

New Portfolio

Hey good people of Flash Kit.

I would really need some outside feedback on my Portfolio, im a student and i really need to pull my Portfolio together.

So if anyone has a spare few minutes, please check it out and tell me what you all think. Tips & advice is welcomed!

www.cookingkym.com

Many thanks

CK

Wrong forum, thread moved.
    - The right of the People to create Flash movies shall not be infringed. -

I'm no expert on this or anything, but I think it looks nice and organized. I would however make the song a little less loud. It scared the s*** out of me =S Also, when the last image is reached, I would let it loop back to image 1. I.e.: img1 > img2 > img3 > img4 > img1 > ...

Overall: 8.5/10

~Senshi

Someone's been there before digitalknoll's Avatar
    I agree with senshi about the intro sound. the first thing i did was search for the sound button to turn it off. as for the design of the site, it was nice. i would also like to have a more detailed preloader. if you have large content that you know is going to take some time to view, a bar or percentage loader would be a better choice. i think that senshi hit on an idea about the picture gallery. when you reach the end it would be good to loop back to the first. also there is so much space on the left and right sides, that you might put thumbnails of the projects to allow the user to go directly to the picture/design they want. i think you have a great layout and with a few little tweaks, your there. hope i didn't cross any lines.
    DK

Hi i had a quick look and what i saw was some nice work as for the site it took a little time to load and when i clicked pics took more time to load which is a little anoying,i here what your saying about high quality pics but still after waiting for front end of site to load then having to wait again seems wrong.

Also the Fonts for the links look washed out and a little blured to me.

still nice work.

cheers freehand.

web designer
    thanks guys for the feed back.

CK