A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Get rid of the Flashkit adds with voices!

Get rid of the Flashkit adds with voices!

OK, these adds that keep showing on flashkit with the lady talking are extremely annoying. Can you guys please take them off?

"With over 40 base models to choose from..."
    The ad isn't even on my screen and yet the audio keeps starting as I navigate through the forums. Very, very irritating.
    www.ugonna-nwosu.com
    If at first you don't succeed... Try not to look suprised.

FK's Official Mac Hater jasonsplace's Avatar
    This has been requested many times before but they have no intentions of dropping an ad that is paying them.
    Jason L. Wright
    I'm not that hard to imitate. Just make some random negative claim at Apple or anything else for that matter and then have nothing to back it up.

Bearded (M|G)od MyFriendIsATaco's Avatar
    I agree, totally annoying. Especially in situations where my volume cannot be muted. For example, while listening to music or something. I can deal with normal ads, but ads with music or talking or any kind of noise without my interraction makes me nothing but angry for the company supplying the ads. It does the complete opposite of what they are attempting to do in my opinion.

I also agree. It's currently playing as i am typing this.

I think flashkit should have a fine balance and It hink this particular ad is too invasive.

I really am sorry about that folks but the case has been pleaded and the bottom line is, this is a Flash related ad and it pays the bills so there is little chance the folks in marketing are going to see it our way. The only thing I can suggest right now is to add an Ad Blocker to your browser if its really that bad. Its very effective and easily customized to remove only those ads that you don't want. More importantly... its free.

Sorry, but I hate that ad. It scares me at least once a day when browsing the threads. The problem is, it starts to talk as long the cursor passes the ad and I cant avoid going over it when browsing in multiple tabs. I would not mind about the voice once I actually click something there.

And while I am already complaining about the ads, whats with this new GoToMyPC ad? Do you realise it fills the first screen completely without any visual clue about being in the FK? I though I have been infected by bloody virus when I came to FK today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I was just about to post the same thing. All of the GoToMyPC ads end up at the top like the picture tonypa posted.

Top right on the talking heads ad is a mute button, n I guess its using a cookie, because its muted when I return.
    By the way, has anyone ever seen a site that uses them? I havent.

Planet is there any reason why i'm suddenly getting no adverts whatso-ever on firefox? Even the plain text ones don't appear and I have no ad-removal extensions and it didn't happen because of an update (havn't had one for a while)
    "I'd only told them the truth. Was that so selfish? Our integrity sells for so little, but it is all we really have. It is the very last inch of us, but within that inch, we are free."

What about other browsers?

I'm not sure T, is this just in the forum section? What about the home page, do you see the Partners section on the left side?

I know the ads pay the bills but this latest one with the slamming safe is driving me crazy.

there was a check box in sound banners that you check and they remember you wanned them to stfu last time. I no longer hear voices here
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

I said that about 10 comments ago, its the one that keeps making the slamming noise that is doing my head in.

I agree slamming noise is annoying and no way to stop it

-_-
    Hehe. My dads parental control crap blocks it anyway.
    However, I agree that before, it was extremely annoying.