A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: background image tag???

background image tag???

Hi all.
    got an issue and im getting frustrated a little here. im really not an html guy...
    following is the embed code for my .swf in order to have it full screen. works great .however , i would like for the background to be an image and not just color. cant seem to figure out what <param ???> im supposed to add..or is there something else im doing wrong?

Code:
    <object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" width="100%" height="100%" id="index" align="middle">
    <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" />
    <param name="movie" value="index.swf" /><param name="quality" value="high" /><param name="scale" value="noscale" /> <param name="backgroundimage" value="maxbackgrnd.jpg"/> <embed src="index.swf" quality="high" scale="noscale" bgcolor="#221d1f" width="100%" height="100%" name="index" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" />
    the bg color seems to take over the image..
    also in the head i've got this

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    <!--
    body {
    	background-color: #221d1f;
    	background-image: url(maxbackgrnd.jpg);
    }
    -->
    </style>
    thanx so much for the help

Either use <param name="wmode" value="transparent">
    plus
    wmode="transparent" for the embed code
    and the background on the page will show through...bgcolor can be left out...

or include the background in the flash.

mike