A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problems between difference in IE and FireFox

Problems between difference in IE and FireFox

My site fits together perfectly in Firefox, but in IE it has gaps. Why is this, and how do I fix it?

Question 2
    The first page I want a user to see is index.php. How do I setup my webpage so it works like this. Also, I don't want it to look like, www.page.com/index.php. I just want it to look like www.page.com but still bring up the index.php.

Thanks
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Isaac Newton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gaps...
    use a transparent gif 388x1 (foreground above the text)to define the width were
    Turret Pong
    Created by Tristage. A creative twist on the original Pong. Score points to upgrade your turret to the ultimate fighting machine! - 7/13/2007
    is as otherwise the cell is dropping to the text (did in firefox for me)...the td witdh gets overidden/ignored (don't know why just does) and all should fall into place.

index.php...normally a site will default to index.php with domain only but there has to be no index.htm/html as well...there are variations on this so experiment.
    This usually applies to subfolders too.

mike

Mike - I tried that transparent gif and it didn't seem to work. Maybe I did it incorrectly though. I just put it in the same table cell that the words are in. Any other ideas?
    "If I have seen further it is by standing on the shoulders of giants." Isaac Newton
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hmm... well its corrected my view of the page in firefox

<div align="center"><span class="style1"> in the same place have lost their closing tags...not sure if that will make a difference though.

I was seeing everything in line with that text displaced before so I assumed that's what you had a problem with...I don't actually have IE.

Calling anyone with IE...................

mike