Okay, here's my problem.

One day(today, actually) I was making a game in Flash, and I use Flash 5, an OS 9 program on Mac OS X. I downloaded several .fla files and Flash 5 does not even recognize that these exist, so I would have to Right Click>Open with...>Other...>Browse and find Flash 5 to open them. I thought it would be easier if I went to Right Click>Get Info and then I changed the default program for opening it to be Flash 5. Of course there's this nifty little button that says "make this default program for all similar files" and of course I was stupid enough to press it. All the sudden Finder stopped responding. So I restart the computer and log into my own account, and Finder still will not load. I can access other programs in my dock(not a whole lot of selection, just an internet browser, some media players and AIM) which is how I am typing this right now, but I was wondering if anybody had any solutions.

I think I will make a new account, and try to access my desktop folder on this account and copy anything that I can grab and then delete this account.