A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: MoveClip As Mask Stupid Problem

FlashImpulse.com

MoveClip As Mask Stupid Problem

I'm not new to Flash, been using it for about 5 or 6 years now, but I've come across this weird problem. I have a two movieclips right, and each of them mask a seperate image. I'm not using the setMask function, I've simply just used masked layers. Anyway, each of these movieclips contain an onRollOver and an onRollOut function inside itself. What I've achieved here is a simple make the mask bigger to expand whatever it's masking. I've then duplicated it all and changed what it was masking. I've then placed that ONTOP of the original one. But for some reason, the actionscript inside the TOP movieclip doesn't work. I've changed their orders and it's always the one on top that doesn't work. I've tried it with the setMask function, placing the code on the root timeline, but nothing has worked. If anyone can help me I will be very grateful. This is for a website which I have to have done TOMORROW, so any quick replies would be great.

Thanks in advanced!
    Ben.
    FlashImpulse.com

aarif
    it can be movieclip depths problem.

I was recently doing the same thing.
    i used one
    movieclip1(mask) on layer 1 and put an image1 on layer2

same way i put another
    movieclip2(mask) on layer 3 and put another image2 on layer4

and i used setmask also i used each of movieclip as button and on mouseover mask gets bigger and show the masked image completly.

i changed the depth of each movie clip on its mouseover function.

If you need more help i can send you the sample.

FlashImpulse.com
    Thanks for the reply, but I actually got it working by putting the entire mask into a separate movieclip. Still, nice to know that it was a depths problem
    FlashImpulse.com