dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: how to create talking head without background?

how to create talking head without background?

Here is sample

http://vmdirect.com/root.custom/vmd/..._overview.html

I want to create sign language version presentation like this. People can see person's talking and text at the same time. How can I create this?
    I have flash professional 8.

Flash 8 video supports alpha channel (transparent) video. So you shoot someone against a blue or green screen, remove the background in a video editing program, and encode the alpha channel video into a Flash video (.flv).

how to insert text?

Ok thank you for quick advice!!! I have premiere pro, so I will edit as alpha channel. I know how to save as flv, but should I be progressive download flv or swf(to insert text motion) ???

In theory either one should work. Unless you're doing something odd with the text, you can create those in Flash itself, after importing the video.

how to import video?

There is several ways to import video. When I import video as progressive download, I can't insert text inside of video, but when I import as embeded video, I can insert text. Which way should I import video to create presentation with animation text?

Either one should work. Whichever way you import it, you still have a .swf file you can put the text into. If you think one way works better than the other, feel free to do it that way.