A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My Portfolio

My Portfolio

http://www.beyondshadow.com/

I have done it for a long time. Finally register a domain to upload.

The main theme of my arts is to bring out the concept by visualization. In the site, you will find out what I have done in the past 3 years.

Any comments are welcome.

First of all, the site takes way too long to load. Perhaps you should consider breaking the site apart and loading sections as needed, or you should optimize the images.

I really dislike the gray borders you have. Just doesn't fit the site.

The preloader image was really nice. I liked the butterfly a lot. However, the your name seemed really blurry and blended in with the white background a lot, making it extremely difficult to read, but it still looks nice.
    Also, the bottom text color doesn't fit seem to fit.
    Oh, it should be "find" instead of "found" on the preloader page.

On the logo page, I don't understand what the point is of having that user click the little bubble thing. There is not even any hint that it should be clicked.

Same thing on the web design. Why does the user have to click "View" to see the first entry. Plus, the transition for that is way too long.

Artworks should be Artwork.

In your copyright statement, it should be "rights" instead of "right."

Those are the things I noticed right off the bat.
    Good luck =)

DBarbarian

Good work so far. I also really like the butterfly image on the preloader. If there was any subtle animation there, it was too subtle. The preloader looked to plain compared to everything else displayed. I am not a fan of the font at the bottom, especially the true color part.
    I really like the opening intro when it turns from greyscale to blue sky, but I wish the rainbow did not come in. It darkens everything and makes it feel less clean. The links at the top right look too playfull, but I do like the rollover animations on them. I actually do like the grey boxes around the side. Overall you do great with imagery and colors, the animations are decent, but the type is really lacking creativity. Hope this helps, good luck

Work on your spelling.

Thank you very much. I admit that my English is not really good :P I will edit the animation and upload again.
    Please kindly have a look again once I have done

-= Registered User =-
    I'm not sure how big the site is but after waiting 2 mins to load and it was only at 61% I closed it... If you want people to visit it, make it smaller...

PS: I was curios and clicked on it again... Waited quite a while and it loaded. So, I took a look at your digital art and I have to say that some pieces of it are really good but one thing is clear, you are a good artist but your web design is weak... It's not enough to draw well in web design, you need to make the page functional and efficient... The site itself is bad, both the layout and design ( the frame rate is really slow, the animations are unpro and jagged up ). Don't let this take you down, all you need to do is invest some time into learning some programming languages. Btw, I'm not even sure why is this site full Flash, IMHO, it would have ended up much better with simple CSS and HTML. I can't see the purpose of Flash being used here.

Good Luck.
    Last edited by NiX'CrEAtiVE; 08-02-2007 at 03:58 PM.

Never believe what you see, it's a Land of Confusion.
    Trust only yourself, no one else & you'll never fail.

FK Rocks..!
    Nice...

But it really needs improvements as mentioned by other members, i dont see any other drawback...

Keep it up...

Cheers
    Waqas A.M. Siddiqui (Vicky)
    Graphics Designer