A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Flash site, after clicking a link how cn u make an animation b4 goin 2 new page?

[F8] Flash site, after clicking a link how cn u make an animation b4 goin 2 new page?

Hey guys....

Im making my website but wanted the cool feature that when you click a link you can have the page do something before it goes to the next page... something like http://www.templatemonster.com/flas...ates/15800.html ...is the only way to do this by doing the animation for everpage for each link? or is there a easier way??

Thanks in advance,

Matt

OR does the technique have a name so i can look it up... cheers

When the link is clicked, the destination can be stored in a variable, and the page told to play - at the end of the page -movie it picks up the destination from the variable and loads a new page ....
    this[MCr.i + 'm_not_ok']._lyric = "you sing the words but you don't know what they mean";

oooh... ok .... how can i store it in the variables then?

Erm .. I don't think I'm the best one to ask about that .... I'd put the code on the button ...

on (release, releaseOutside) {
    target_page.gotoAndPlay("endbit");
    _root.nextPage = "your next page URL here";
    }

and on the target_page MC ... in the last frame ... load the next page using the URL stored in the _root.nextPage variable.

I'm sure there is a better way that uses button functions, listeners and centrally located, top-level code and the like though ... ;-)
    this[MCr.i + 'm_not_ok']._lyric = "you sing the words but you don't know what they mean";