A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Butterflies For ALL - Open Battle

Thanks gerbs!
    I'm quite pleased with the way the colours I chose worked out on this.
    On the down side a few of the highlights & lowlights were lost (read: suppressed to background) when I grouped it all together which I missed until I looked at it now; and I don't quite like how flat the butterflies are - they could do with some depth & details. Bleh. I'll fix the file another time.

That's a beautiful thing, Nats. I'd have to say that is one of your better illlustrative works. I especially like the depth on the ear flappy things. (for lack of a better descriptive term)
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

thought i might have a quick go too....

when a butterfly flaps its wings......

The butterfly light tattoo thing comes from what i think was the original inspiration for this battle (hope thats ok ?)

(by the way how do you display the image in the text like everyone else has done?)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Use the [*img*]imageurlhere[*/img*] tags.
    Loose the stars.

Thanks Rush.

oh yeah......

hows this then?

Thats very cool. I like the burn in of the BlueSamurai's original peice. Well done. My only critique would be where the body meets the water, it breaks the illusion of the man's composite on the ocean scene. Has a story to it.

--===00OO00===--
    That...is NICE! I didn't think anything could be near as good to the first one, but that one is. I love the burnyness of it on his back.
    "For an assassin he...he is pretty nice." ~The Darkness that Comes Before

The Catalyst Corp.

TheOG- I dig the color in your piece as well as the perspective, I think you set a heavy mood. I think finer detail on the fore-fluttering fly, such as texture on the wings or face perhaps, would bring more depth and focus. I'm continuously struck be the rendering, man. Did you do the 3d work from scratch?

Hey Zacaboo288 thanks for the critique. Yes the 3d work is from scratch with some composite, layering and painting. I'm currently (finally) getting my head around poly modelling so I've got another butterfly up my sleeve I'm hoping to shake loose over the weekend. Thus far I've tried not to spend too much time on each peice as I suffer from morbid perfectionism when it comes to stuff I do just for myself.. I have a hard time saying "There, done". Glad too see the thread lengthens.. looking forward to more.

Cheers

Sinigami death walk
    The pic's are cool but i carnt see the last one *cry*