A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Applying a theme or skinning a CS3 component

Angry Applying a theme or skinning a CS3 component

In the Help for CS3 it says to double-click on a component to skin it. This does not work for me, nothing happens no matter how long I click it. I am using the Professional version so I would think it should work. Is this a bug? If so, I have not found any info on it.

I previously used Flash 7 Pro and was able to edit a component; I have applied themes and had some success in skinning.

To get around this I copied in an old component that I had previously skinned and that didn't work. The old component worked - kinda- but AS2 script I applied would not work. Any suggestions? Anyone?

Thanks, Kathy

Double clicking to edit only applies to Actionscript 3 components, meaning you must be publishing to Flash 9, Actionscript 3. Other components need to be skinned via the older methods, such as with code.

Have you had any luck using the old way? When I brought in an oder component that was skinned and published, I got a whole page of output errors.

Smile

Ok, I finally got this to work. I copied over the Flash UI Components 2 folder and it applied the theme that it contained to the component. I had been using the older components. Thanks for your help.

Kathy