A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: XML Parsing Question - Latest 3DFA Build

XML Parsing Question - Latest 3DFA Build

Hello All,

I have a question with regards to parsing a very simple XML file for text values and to populate an HTML anchor on a web site I maintain for a small client. Up until a few releases ago the existing movie I had created was happily editied by new versions of 3DFA. However, when I tried with the latest release I have run into issues with the handling of the XML class, I believe.

Now I really do apologize if I have missed something in the forum that would make me go away happy but I can't quite seem to get it working again making use of the

#if as2 directive

in my legacy code.

I have attached my humble effort (I have removed the #if as2 attempts that I have made so you can see it in it's original format) and would be very grateful if you see what I need to add to my code to make it play nice with the latest version.

On a side note, I am very happy to see that this forum, and 3DFA seem to have come back to life after a short break. I think it is really a great program and as well, on the couple of occasions I have asked for help here, have never been disapointed.

Thanks in advance and cheers to all!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry for being so slow in responding to this question. It is difficult to see what needs to be done to make this work.

In any case, the only choices you have - are to use an older version of 3DFA, use the #if as2 directive, or wait until the new XML functionality becomes available.

I would like to be able to help more than this, but i don't think i can.
    Cheers,
    kusco
    (3DFA Support Team)

Hello Kusco,

Thanks for taking the time to answer. I can certainly wait for the new XML functionality to come about. I just was curious about how to get my code to be happy in the current version. I did try the #if as2 directives and while it compiled and ran without grumbling, it still did not step through the XML list as I had hoped.

I will leave it for a rainy day or the release with the new XML toys.

Thanks again!

JohnM