dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [F8] Where can I find a complete & good (multiplayer) car racing game tutorial?

[F8] Where can I find a complete & good (multiplayer) car racing game tutorial?

I would like to know if anyone can direct me to a good racing game tutorial and how to add multiplayer to it. so that 2 people can race.

Developer
    Nowhere!

You'll most probably have to find seperate tutorials on controls, moving movieclips, scrolling, handling maps etc...

Student
    like cortana already said,- search it together from little pieces. Wich most likely will include:
    - tiles/ scrolling (if your area is larger as the actual screen size)
    - car torque/ rotation & movent (lots of them available)
    - server socket stuff (xml, loadvars,...) perhaps webgeek discovers this thread and will explain you everything about that matter

anyway perhaps you can tell us what you have in mind,- knowing your boundries will help us guiding you in the propper direction. E.g number of player, perspective, map size, controls,...

Game Sheep.com has a nice starter tutorial for a racing game... I hope they finish the 2nd part :P
    Post you game for free at Gamestack.org. We send the user straight to your website, no iFrames or other leeching methods.

Please check out Gamestack.org for more information.