A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Carpet simulation

Carpet simulation

Hi all,
    i'm new to the forums and i'm also pretty new to AS3: i already posted this question on other forums but it seems no one can answer..
    I coded a carpet simulation in AS3 and just wanted to have some feedback since the latest Flash Player v9.0.60.120 (update 3) shows singularities like a vertical bar on the left but it may be only on my machine, although other Flash Player versions run just fine.
    Note the post-processor can be disabled and, while being so, the bar goes away, but i really would like to know where this bar is coming from!?

Thank you!

Links: demo | source code

Dude, you f*in ROCK. Welcome to the forum. That's the sickest thing I think I've ever seen done in flash. I don't see any weird artifacts (MacBook Pro running Firefox & FP 9 update 3). I was getting at least 40-50 fps.
    All I can say is, I'm deeply impressed with how you brought APE and PV3D together; too bad you don't have source for away3d instead, but it's all evolving too fast anyway. Please stick around here and help out; we need your giant brain.

bmanuel,

right on, brother. That's some amazing stuff there. I'm running the latest player as well and no problems on my XP. I can't wait to dive into the code.

Keep up the good work!

Hi josh and just a big thank you for your words! Really, you are too kind!
    I really hope to be able to find the time to help since i'm so busy, but i'll be glad to do it.
    And so you don't seem to be affected by the problem despite the version whereas in Windows i get this with 2 different machines: i leaved a comment to kaourantin [dot] net, may it responds after the holidays?

Thank you pavkey88!
    The source code is there, for any problems feel free to write me: as for the vertical bar, i really have no clue of what's that at this point!

Student
    yes that demo is very impressive,- nice post processing effects